What's new

Razr....strike 3! (updated)

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
As of today, Razr #3 is on the way. The second one developed the same problem.

Tech said that if the 3rd one craps out, then the negotiations of changing make and models without penalty goes into effect.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Totally dead earpiece. If I make a call, I hear no ringing unless I hit the speak phone button. Then I can hear it.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Tech had the nerve to ask me if I can receive calls. My response:

'"Does that matter??"

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Totally dead earpiece. If I make a call, I hear no ringing unless I hit the speak phone button. Then I can hear it.
Did you put it in your good ear?

Feel free to rage on the service tech, then rage on the service tech's supe. Have you noticed that service is the one thing you seldom get from the department with the same name.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I did try both ears.

For the record, they have been very accomodating on both calls. We'll see if that lasts if this one bites the dust and I call to tell them to upgrade me to something else at no charge.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Especially if I tell them I want the new krazr if/when it happens. :grin:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I think a free phone of your choosing isn't worded correctly. The g/f went through all her Razrs and they would only let her choose from 2 or 3 phones, IIRC.

My Razr is still going strong. Though I do sense a slight buzz while talking on it.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yea they will/should have no issue with you upgrading for free but it will most likely be limited to one of a few phones... at least mine was

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Clay,

Received the third phone and this one has a reconditioned sticker on the baggie. Also, the white dot to check for water exposure is not there. Is this normal since this is the final shot before changing models or should I be ticked that it is reconditioned and worried that the dot is missing and it could come back to haunt me?

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would call them just to be safe.. tell them the situation again, speak to somebody that has the power to make a decision.. Part of me says who cares since it is the last chance, but another part of me says are they trying to screw you into putting you in a position to not be able to trade out to the better phone if this one messes up..

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I hope that makes sense.. i dont know though i would be torn a little bit in both directions..

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Alright...here's the scoop:

1. I mentioned the reconditioned sticker but didn't push it. Reason being, the damn new phones have been crapping out so what the hell...maybe a recondioned one will be better! :grin:

2. In regards to the missing dot...I had two choices. Send it back in again for another exchange or having them note on the account that I called and no water damage charges can be applied to this phone if discovered due to the missing dot. I chose the second option cuz I am sick of sending these damn things back in.

We'll see how it pans out.