What's new

Real country music

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So not a fan of Colt Ford, The LACS, Lenny Cooper or Big Smo? :woot:
Amen! If I want some southern rap that reminds me of country music (at least in lyrical content) or country living I'll toss in some tracks from YelaWolf or even Bubba Sparxxx's first two albums. Colt Ford and all of those guys try to be good at rapping and country music. Unfortunately they do both things horribly.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Okay, I'm listening to Chris Stapleton's Tennessee Whiskey. Guys, this is a dude with a beard singing blue eyed soul and blues mixed with country. Actually the guitar part during the solo around three minutes in is pretty much straight out of the Buddy Guy and Albert King play books.

Now this is the first song of his I've heard. It is good, but something else will have to stamp him as real country.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Amen! If I want some southern rap that reminds me of country music (at least in lyrical content) or country living I'll toss in some tracks from YelaWolf or even Bubba Sparxxx's first two albums. Colt Ford and all of those guys try to be good at rapping and country music. Unfortunately they do both things horribly.
Well there are few good country rap songs

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Because today people go from making music that MADE them famous to music that their now record companies WANT them to make. It's the horrible demise of an artist. 9 times out of 10
I'll grant you that happens way too often. Luckily, there are some artists and bands with integrity, so there's still lots of good music out there from some bands that paid their dues.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
I listed jamey johnson above as one of the guys trying to bring real music back. He is a great singer/songwriter. Didnt mean to hurt any feelings about justin moore, i just feel like hes playing dress up and buying his songs.if you like him, thats fine, but im not partial to him.
No feelings hurt at all. I listed them both as to say to me they're both real country. I've only met Justin Moore once and from all I can tell he's as down home from attitude to his background and raising. And from what I can find he at least co writes almost everything he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lol we will just have to agree to disagree on justin Moore being a real country artist. If the thread was about bro country,pop country, or just new country in general then he would belong. I could never call this song here, real country music

I don't see any difference between him and Luke Bryan or Jason Aldean.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
To me tho, this is real country. It's not outlaw country, it's not classic country, but it's real country. A song he cowrote.

And no, Back That Thang Up isn't what I would call real country but I don't have a problem with an artist having an upbeat song to bring some life to an album either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm not saying that liking Justin is wrong, but you asked me if I had no love for him.
I said "nope"...... Then you tried to convince me why his music is real country music.
I don't think you will be able to change my opinion. And that's all this is (my opinion)
I created the thread that is what I like and my opinion on country music. There is no right or wrong when it comes to tastes in music.this thread is biased to my tastes. Just as with cigars, what one person hates, another might love. With all that being said....... Justin Moore still sucks and I could "bait his hook" for him, "kick his ass" and introduce him to some real "outlaws "faster than his woman could "back that thang up" on me.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
He's the man. There's not much country in most country music anymore. Especially with newer artists. These guys are helping to turn things back around to the way it should be
Sturgill Simpson
Chris Stapleton
Cody jinks
Whitey Morgan
Jamey Johnson
And even though he is almost more Americana than country, Ryan Bingham is one of my favorites
Ironically just started listening to Bingham last week and introduced a buddy to him tonight on a drive . The mainstream country is rough