What's new

Real country music

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I hope y'all don't mind me using this thread to spew out good music from time to time. At least what I consider to be good music. Chances are, if the big country stations here in Nashville are playing it then it won't make it on here. I'm not against music that sells,but I am against music that ain't what it says it is. Being country ain't all about having a jacked up truck or drinking moonshine.Not that these aren't great things,but when you have a man from the west coast writing songs for a man from the suburbs of Tennessee while a man in New York gets rich from it then the music loses its magic. I like old style traditional western country but my roots are bluegrass and I tend to lean towards more folky Appalachian music as well. Enough rambling, now enjoy this one of Darrell Scott singing a poor man's song about growing up in the coal mines

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's the man. There's not much country in most country music anymore. Especially with newer artists. These guys are helping to turn things back around to the way it should be
Sturgill Simpson
Chris Stapleton
Cody jinks
Whitey Morgan
Jamey Johnson
And even though he is almost more Americana than country, Ryan Bingham is one of my favorites

I'll have to check these guys out. Thanks for the list.

Pop country is an abomination. It's the only music that angers me.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Now this guy has been writing and singing real music since way back. It crazy to hear how much his voice has changed from when he was young, but I personally like the rougher, raspier sound of his old age. If you haven't heard of John Prine, then look him up. He's a legend

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@Pipefighter572 im glad someone posted in this thread. I don't normally listen to country because all they play on the radio here is the new pop crap. I'm listening to sturgill right now and he's good. Never would have heard of him other wise
I'm glad to spread the gospel of actual good country music. Sturgill is starting to gain some notoriety here in Nashville thank goodness. Pretty much every song posted on this thread is good stuff. Most of it you would never hear on the radio and most of the links I have posted are several years old. Mainstream country music is bullshit and people are slowly starting to realize it.