What's new

Recruiting for BOTL Fantasy Football League

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I’ll pass commissioner to Tony. Sorry I’ve not been responsive. I would like to play though!
Sounds good. I'll look thru later and see who is in and how many arms we need to twist.

Potential draft date Mon 8/26 9:00 Eastern - pose any problems with anyone ?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can’t transfer commish on mobile and site is blocked at work...so I will try to remember tonight.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There is really nothing except setting up the draft..... I'm just saying
And getting people to play, making sure it’s an even number of players. And determining the prize structure, I vaguely recall we wanted some changes from last year. And yeah setting the draft. Oh and taking crap for the season because the PPR isn’t what they are used to :D

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
We probably need to make sure everyone on here from last year wants a go again. Maybe tag everyone?

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
From the posts it looks like @Scotchman @Tyler86 @WNYTONY @multi-useless @WestCoastIPA @mitetak are in to play again.

@WatchmanUSA @Juice @UPTOWNSMOKE @BGEgg - you guys in or sitting out ?

On the draft we are tentatively looking at Thurs 8/29 at 9:00 pm eastern

On the entry and prizes I'd like to propose a plain old 5 stick (no dogrockets) entry to be sent to the winners at the end.
1st place to get 60% - 5 entries plus keep your own
2nd place to get 30% - 2 entries plus keep your own
3rd place to get 10% - 1 entry plus keep your own
4th - 10th place can pick (based on order of finish) who they want to send to until that slot is full.
In other words 4th place gets first pick, 5th place gets second pick....... So even in a losing season you may be able to choose your victim by finishing higher in the rankings.

Were there changes that needed to be made to the scoring ?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Anyone else that is interested in joining please PM me and we'll fill spots (if needed) first and then possibly expand to 12 teams

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Interested. A couple of things...

Math doesn’t add up for prize payout. (5+2+1+3 finishers keeping their own). That’s 11 players.

Second, was there any issue with payouts? We had that issue years ago with people disappearing from the board during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Math doesn’t add up for prize payout. (5+2+1+3 finishers keeping their own). That’s 11 players.

Second, was there any issue with payouts? We had that issue years ago with people disappearing from the board during the season.

nah last year was all good and we have everyone's address anyways :D

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I don’t have much in the way of time right now so I’m not looking to take up a spot someone else could better play. That said, If you all end up on an odd number and need to fill a roster spot, let me know.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Yes, good catch on the math. I was adapting from another league I'm in and everyone sent in that scenario and it works out fine. I tried to get cute and save the top 3 the postage and it throws it off with 3 of them keeping. We'll figure it out to the nearest fiver once we know whether we have 10 or 12 teams in it.

The point was to change it from last year's bottom 3 teams pay top 3 and the middle 4 sit out to everyone puts in a fiver and the winners win a bigger share. Just trying to get an idea if everyone is ok with that at this point.

No issues here at all, but like I said we only had 3 people paying out. I have seen people go AWOL in other ones I've been in though. In the end it's 5 cigars so not enough to ruin a reputation over by not sending and not enough to be truly pissed off if someone skips. Most of these jokers will send more than 5 anyways so the winners should be well taken care of.

With Watchman in and Juice sitting out we have 8 in and @BGEgg still on the MIA list.

@tx_tuff - you were first in line so you sir can have the hole left by Juice. I'll message you.

@Altercall - you are next in line