What's new

Refining Your Pallette

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks for the great post. One thing I can add is to try to cleanse your palate before smoking...meaning try to get the taste of previous cigars / food / drink out of your mouth before trying another cigar. Wine tasters recommend bread, and i like to use seltzer water (basically just carbonated water, not club soda)

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Thanks I had no idea to slow down, guess I have lots to learn

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking for an interesting pairing, I've found that Dr. Pepper is better than most other soft drinks with cigars. I think it is because it has a little spicy-tingle to it. Try that the next time you have a cigar with a peppery flavor. I like it with a Camacho Coyolar or if I could have cubans, I'd like it with a Romey y Julieta Short Churchill. :)
C

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
nice post!

as for me, i am learning to distinguish flavors easier but still have problems for some. i can pick out leather easily enough and chocolate but im still "refining"

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I too prefer Dr. pepper with my cigars many times. More so with medium to full bodied smokes rather than lighter cigars, but it generally makes for a great combination. Now given the option of a single malt or Dr. pepper Im going single malt, but for the price DP is nice!