What's new

Refining Your Pallette

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
after slowing down, my sessions have doubled in time. in this case i sometimes end up put it out early. gotta find that right mix.
Better to smoke slower, enjoy the flavors thoroughly, and put it out early than to rush through the cigar and have the flavors muddled, harsh, and so much less enjoyable.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
after slowing down, my sessions have doubled in time. in this case i sometimes end up put it out early. gotta find that right mix.
Better to smoke slower, enjoy the flavors thoroughly, and put it out early than to rush through the cigar and have the flavors muddled, harsh, and so much less enjoyable.
I agree with this fully. I've taken some advice recently from this thread. Today I was smoking a Torano and got my first real coffee flavor that sat on my palate for awhile after I got done. Much more enjoyable going slower (that's what she said)!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Great Advise StogieNinja! You are right on point with this! I have a buddy that says he smokes churchhills in an hour. I can't smoke that fast. I like to smoke my cigars slow and enjoy all the flavors that a cigar has to offer. I'm still a newbie (going on 2 years) to cigars but I feel like my palate is getting more and more refined. To me that's the most enjoyable part of smoking cigars is identifying different flavors in them.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Fine you're hired to be my spelling and grammar corrector. The pay is minimal(nothing) and the work time consuming(I talk a lot).

So please let's get this "guide" back on track and derail it no further with nitpicking

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is exactly what I've been trying to do, but I need to make an conscious effort into smoking slower. I find myself getting really into the flavor and I just want to keep tasting it, so I keep drawing on the cigar. I do enjoy reading a review of a stick I'm smoking and tasting the same notes as the reviewer. Great post. Thanks for the insight.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
This is exactly what I've been trying to do, but I need to make an conscious effort into smoking slower. I find myself getting really into the flavor and I just want to keep tasting it, so I keep drawing on the cigar. I do enjoy reading a review of a stick I'm smoking and tasting the same notes as the reviewer. Great post. Thanks for the insight.
Best thing I ever did for refining my palette was a couple of blind reviews that a brother here sent me as part of a bomb. Stick around a bit and jump in in the newbie trade and you may just find some headed your way ;)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm here for the long haul hahaha. I'm still trying to really figure out how to navigate the site, especially since it literally changed over night for me after I signed up. I will definitely jump in on the newbie trade. I've got a few sticks I'm willing to send out.
Best thing I ever did for refining my palette was a couple of blind reviews that a brother here sent me as part of a bomb. Stick around a bit and jump in in the newbie trade and you may just find some headed your way ;)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome post! I have been concerned with my palate, as I never seem to "taste" subtleties. Hard to feel like I know what I am talking about, because I don't, unless I'm able to start actually tasting the subtle differences in flavor profiles. This guide will be used, my friend!