What's new

Rehydrating Bovedas

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Do you guys have to add more water to the towels/cup during the week or two week period? Or just leave the seal shut until done...

thanks,

david
Depending on how you are rehydrating you might want to pop the lid every so often to prevent any mold from showing up. Not always necessary and some techniques that are slower shouldn't need it though

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Anyone experience a short useful life on recharged packs. What I mean is that I recharge them and then they only last like a week. I'm constantly rotating them. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.
Recharged and thrown into my humi at 67%my 72% packets last a while and technically they are working at giving off humidity 100% of the time to try to make up for the 5% difference in humidity. My guess is the humi is slightly dry Paul; not necessarily a bad thing brother. But a week is a little extreme, so it may be just slightly under 60% (if they are 68% packets that is). Your beads still working ok?
Oh yeah! It's working fine. This is just for my daily desktop. I'm wondering since I didn't use it for about a month if it just dried out and so now is recharging as well. We'll see...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.
Paul that's probably the issue right there your humi is out of use and needs the humidity therefore sucking the boveda packs dry much quicker.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Paul that's probably the issue right there your humi is out of use and needs the humidity therefore sucking the boveda packs dry much quicker.
Yeah it is doing better now. Although still not the longevity I thought.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
this didnot work for me. Maybe just don't follow directions well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
This worked well for me. But all I did was fill a glass ¼ way with distilled water. Threw some bovedas with glass in a zip lock bag and let it go. What's weird for me is they all came back except the 72% ones. I will just put them in alone and see if it works.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dan! Great idea. I've also recharged Boveda packs by sticking them in an airtight container with a shot glass filled half way with distilled water. A partially drained Boveda will recharge in about two weeks this way. But I either case water in any form works!

Great post again!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Hey Dan! Great idea. I've also recharged Boveda packs by sticking them in an airtight container with a shot glass filled half way with distilled water. A partially drained Boveda will recharge in about two weeks this way. But I either case water in any form works!

Great post again!
Do tell! I've never heard of this slightly different method!

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0

Great post again!
Do tell! I've never heard of this slightly different method!
lol:)