What's new

Rehydrating Bovedas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya ya, so it's redundant. Had to find something to post to make sure the signature worked. :-D

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Honestly I used the little containers that you can push down in the center to air right lock it no paper towel just a glass full of DW and it works like a charm ! But you have to leave it in for a couple weeks and don't keep opening it. I recharged all my pack even the small ones for bombs

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
im trying this right now, i should probably toss some paper towels in there to speed up the process. hoping itll turn out well

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
im trying this right now, i should probably toss some paper towels in there to speed up the process. hoping itll turn out well
I use sponges instead of paper towels or cups of water, as long as you dont over saturate them with distilled water (could cause the water to leak out and get on the boveda pack and ruin it), they have more surface area which will speed up the process in my experience. You also have to make sure that the packs are not touching the sponges, not even a little bit.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
How long do these have to site in the container before the are recharged? I've had 2 of my 75% boveda packs in for about 3 weeks now and they don't see any better then when I first started.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
How long do these have to site in the container before the are recharged? I've had 2 of my 75% boveda packs in for about 3 weeks now and they don't see any better then when I first started.
Think that all depends on size of container along with a few other factors. I've recharged three 69% from almost rock hard in 1.5 months. I found it best to put them in a warmer area so it would excel the humidity from the DW.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The container your using does it have a good seal. Cause within a month mine are really nice and puffed up again. I would check the seal. Are all the packs 75%

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I had an interesting experience over the weekend with my rehydrating boveda -

I have about 8 of them in a plastic airtight container, and three of them slid down so they were flat against the plastic floor. Well, a few days ago I removed the water container and I recalled a small amount of water spilling into the plastic container whilst extracting the water container. I was too lazy to wipe it up at the time and forgot about it.
Yesterday I went to add a water container into the plastic rehydrating container and noticed that the boveda that slipped down (and into the spilled water) were as plump as can be. "Fuller" than when I bought them. They also stuck (very slightly) to the floor of the container but were easily removed.

Time for more experimentation:)

Might try to "mist" them.... Stay tuned.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Think that all depends on size of container along with a few other factors. I've recharged three 69% from almost rock hard in 1.5 months. I found it best to put them in a warmer area so it would excel the humidity from the DW.
I have a small analog hydrometer in with the packs and it says it's around 80%, what's the humidity level suppose to be at or is that good?

The container your using does it have a good seal. Cause within a month mine are really nice and puffed up again. I would check the seal. Are all the packs 75%
Yes it's an air tight tuperware container and both packs are 75%. If it take about a month then that's cool, I'm just impatient. haha

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been doing this for about a year now. Time consuming but worth it! I find the brown ones hold up much better to any accidental water spillage.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've got about 6 65%ers recharging right now. this is my first go at it. I have them in a tubberdor with two shot glasses of d water. I like the bovedas but they were too expensive for my hobby budget. I m hoping this works out well for me