What's new

Remember How it Used to Be?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Your "review" here just put that Hyatt in Warsaw on my list of travel destinations.

I'd also like to point out that obviously this man enjoyed having a job. Here in America, with some exceptions of course, I feel as though people act like they're FORCED to work and do it with a terrible demeanor...doing what they can to just get by. This manager went above and beyond.

Chas

Bon Vivant
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - the world was once quite sane - and apparently there are still some places that get it - what a wonderful experience you had there in Poland - civilized - freedom from the stupidity of Political Correctness. (until recently its victim - freedom is a great thing~:0)

Think I'll go out to my "Clubhouse" and light up a nice cigar and watch the movie "Sticks" - a nice cigar is so much like a good friend who listens to one's heart without interruption ~:0)

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
What about the blondes? Greg, what happens in Poland, stays in Poland.

The monte was phenominal as were the follow up sticks.

Service - I believe this is almost a lost art. One of the guys that met me there said he was really uncomfortable with the way this guy catered to us, filling glasses, refilling the mixed nuts, bringing a clean ashtray and offering new cigars. I spent some time talking with him and he really seemed to love his job and the fact that he had one in such a great environment. He said he made it his personal goal each day to make his customers experience as relaxing as possible. I tried to hire him on the spot.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
What about the blondes? Greg, what happens in Poland, stays in Poland.

The monte was phenominal as were the follow up sticks.

Service - I believe this is almost a lost art. One of the guys that met me there said he was really uncomfortable with the way this guy catered to us, filling glasses, refilling the mixed nuts, bringing a clean ashtray and offering new cigars. I spent some time talking with him and he really seemed to love his job and the fact that he had one in such a great environment. He said he made it his personal goal each day to make his customers experience as relaxing as possible. I tried to hire him on the spot.

When I was in college working in the food business at some high-end places, that was the way I operated and every weekend my colleagues couldn't figure out why I had so many requests for my section, gifts over the holidays, and yes, job offers. Chuck is spot on, no matter what you do, when you make the satisfaction and pleasure of your customers your first priority, it shows.

Best quote ever: "People won't remember what you did for them, they will remember how you made them feel."