What's new

Return or keep. Help me decide. Plz

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen a label that jacked up and shifted over. That's strange. If there's no mold on the foot you should be fine. Ask for credit for the boveda sir chalk it up as a loss and move on to a new vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
If you complain to them, you will be banned. .
Probably not a bad thing.
I do not even need to ask which vendor sent these out, only one out there with zero concern for the customer.
Look at it this way, you have a good chance of getting cigars that were wiped free of mold from anyone.
Wipe these off, and learn from the experience.
And stop making purchases with Bitgroins........

Unless the Bovedas were 62%,you do not need them anyway.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Well, once again you guys prove you know your shit. 'Twas definitely "churro compress". I'll go through the motions, and report back if only just to see if it'll get us a good laugh. I'm feeling a lot better about things, and really appreciate all the responses and information. I am a bit nervous about putting them in the cabinet with the mold. I've never had a mold or beetle issue so it's all nightmares when I think about it. Might keep them in quarantine to be sure that it doesn't redevelop.

Tapa-typed with my weird looking thumb.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Well, once again you guys prove you know your shit. 'Twas definitely "churro compress". I'll go through the motions, and report back if only just to see if it'll get us a good laugh. I'm feeling a lot better about things, and really appreciate all the responses and information. I am a bit nervous about putting them in the cabinet with the mold. I've never had a mold or beetle issue so it's all nightmares when I think about it. Might keep them in quarantine to be sure that it doesn't redevelop.

She will call it plume, don't bother. And don't worry ... with a good wipe off you will be ok.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
First one I know of to get banned!!! :) me!
ahh the good old days of being new....
Keep and dry box all cigars for a day out of the box.
Wipe clean with a small paint brush or even a micro fiber towel.
Wipe inside of box out. Place back in humidor that is 65rh or less.
And no one pointed out every security code was removed in the Warranty seal. (I believe it 8 spots but didn't count the holes in OP picture)
Multy vendors are getting their boxes from someone and they DO NOT want anyone finding out!

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I sent back some sticks with foot mold. I got the response that it was wiped off and they were fine. I am now banned which doesn't really matter. They are only cheaper every once in a while and they don't have any better selection than the couple good vendors out there.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Why do folks keep ordering from this known lousy vendor? :banghead: Inquiring minds want to know!
Exactly...money and time are too important for me. I have a vendor I trust and has done me right. I go there. I am sorry I don't care if these are other vendors standards suck many on here have bought from good vendors. When it comes to business if your shitty at it there are other vendors that willl gladly take that business from you. May cost a little extra, but to me it's worth it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Interesting thread that always comes up. Are there significant Vendors out there that will guarantee their product...of course there is and those are the ones that should be used for the reasons posted here. Mold is a condition that happens with cigars and since ALL of us aren't the ones who received them it's easy to tell somebody else to "wipe em off and smoke em" because WE aren't the ones who must deal with any adverse effects if the mold has gone from the foot towards the head. Yeah, I suppose we can cut it back until we don't see any of the mold but then you're wasting the very product you purchased. When I buy my cigars from 3 of the Vendors I have...every single one of them have been vetted to ensure that my purchase is protected and guaranteed so it takes the worry out of the equation. Secondly, I use a Credit Card I've used for the last decade that will let me dispute ANY purchase I make ....even cigars from the outermost reaches of the US....and I've had to do it twice in 15 years. I was compensated with my purchase in 24 hours and never had to worry about the Vendor trying to plead their case...the Vendors all had their GUARANTEE on the webpage and they know better than to fight the dispute. Taking pictures with a time stamp is key to any dispute along with an email that shows that you were trying to rectify the situation.

If any of us use anything else to purchase CC's other than a reliable credit card then you take your chances of being screwed....the same for an unreliable Vendor which we all know there are plenty. There is plenty of sources one can Google that will give you the info you are looking for...hobbyists tend to reveal sources outside of Cigar Forums so the search isn't that hard.

15 years of buying CC's tell me that too many newbs think they can buy CC's without any issues but are always most likely to be screwed over because they believe these unscrupulous Vendors. Any Vendor that sends product with mold knows better....and when told and showed that there is mold present they will make it right because a good Vendor needs credibility in the business world...bad ones don't give a $hit because they know they can rip off the next consumer within a few minutes.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So this was my 24hr dry spot and quarantine box. Luckily I had a tupperdor on a shelf in the laundry room because I just can't put them with the rest of my stash. Not yet anyway.

I'll just say that I'm still calling this a win. There was no mold on the foot of the cigars so I'm o.k. with keeping them, but that's not the thing. I actually got to learn a few things from you guys about dealing with mold. Also, I now know where I shouldn't be ordering from. More importantly, I know where I should. Lastly, the flood of information and advice on this thread, not to mention my inbox, has been incredible. I now know what to do, where to go, and most of all which vendors to trust. Thank you all for all the help!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
So this was my 24hr dry spot and quarantine box. Luckily I had a tupperdor on a shelf in the laundry room because I just can't put them with the rest of my stash. Not yet anyway.

I'll just say that I'm still calling this a win. There was no mold on the foot of the cigars so I'm o.k. with keeping them, but that's not the thing. I actually got to learn a few things from you guys about dealing with mold. Also, I now know where I shouldn't be ordering from. More importantly, I know where I should. Lastly, the flood of information and advice on this thread, not to mention my inbox, has been incredible. I now know what to do, where to go, and most of all which vendors to trust. Thank you all for all the help!

Glad to hear this bro. Never trust the churro express people. Regardless of how many times @Ozark Rambler tries to recommend them.

Last edited: