What's new

Review Contest 3 Cigar #1!!!!

muhren

Banned
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I smoked it, jotted notes and promptly lost them! They're around here somewhere though. When I find them, I'll be sure to drop in a post.

M

muhren

Banned
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'll start each review off with what I think it would be like if it were a woman. If you like that kinda woman, read on! If you wanna see what that kinda woman is like, read on!

Enjoy the review! Thanks for letting me play (this was not my cup of tea, but I think they'll get better)

M

This cigar as a woman:
“A drunken 3 AM mistake your genitals correct for you by going limp and saving you the trouble of finishing the job”

This cigar by the system:
1. Appearance - (Points 10 / 15)
Scent = Rich Tobacco. Size Churchill. Fine to moderate veins, densly packed. Light in shade, slight torpedo to tip. Relatively firm. Slight Cap Crack w/ punch cut. VERY small tooth to wrapper, mostly smooth

2. Ash - (Points 6 / 10)
Dark Gray in color and relatively loose. Flaky.

3. Draw - (Points 8 / 10)
Pre-Light tobacco & fruit on palate. Moderate draw, no bite on the lips.

4. Burn - (Points 3 / 10)
¼” of canoe after only ½” of burn. Relit to correct. Continued to canoe, so much so that the canoe was longer than the remaining ash!

5. Smoke - (Points 4 / 10)
Light and airy and not very dense. Much less than should be created.

6. Flavor/Blend - (Points 10 / 20)
1st 1/3 = SLIGHT pepper followed by dry tobacco
2nd 1/3 = Dry cedar & tobacco
3rd 1/3 = Didn’t make it. Cigar = pitched already

7. Uniqueness - (Points 5 / 10)
Tasted like a pretty standard tobacco roll.

8. Finish - (Points 6 / 15)
When I finally put it out, I had that bad “ashtray” mouth. Bad news!

Scoring Summary:
Appearance - 10
Ash - 6
Draw - 8
Burn - 3
Smoke - 4
Flavor/Blend - 10
Uniqueness - 5
Finish - 6
TOTAL = 52

muhren

Banned
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just read the other fellas reviews (I'm trying not to as to not interfere with my own ratings) and my scores were much lowerer. I think the burn issues caused a bad 'taste' in my review overall.

To each their own!

M

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Wow, you guys are scaring me. Maybe I don want to smoke this tomorrow. September first is the final day for reviews to be submitted for this stogie guys

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Seems there is something in the air here tonight too. I was going to smoke mine tonight, but at latest Ill smoke it tomorrow even if Im stopped up as I gotta get this thing written up!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review, Openedstraight.

I learned something interesting from your review that given the construction of a cigar, sometimes cutting may be better than using a punch. Perhaps smaller cigars benefit from the punch more than the longer ones with tighter roll.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Nice review, Openedstraight.

I learned something interesting from your review that given the construction of a cigar, sometimes cutting may be better than using a punch. Perhaps smaller cigars benefit from the punch more than the longer ones with tighter roll.
If I was careful I could have cut it after I punched it and realized it was a tight draw, but I don't like to do that. When you do you tend to cut to much and mess up the cap.

Like I said the cigar was ok, but just not good enough. I punch my Monte "A"s all the time, and rarely do I find a draw problem, and they are a good two inches longer.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Crap.... I'm still feeling the effects of this sinus infection.

Perhaps I can muddle through it tomorrow night, and post up a review Tuesday!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'll post the review later and read the others'; hoping I wasn't the only one who put it aside...

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Crap.... I'm still feeling the effects of this sinus infection.

Perhaps I can muddle through it tomorrow night, and post up a review Tuesday!

Just getting over a summer time cold, so I am ready for a cigar, you can next day AM deliver the cigar to me and I will take care of the review for you...

he he he....

Now that I blurted in on this I will run and hide.

Hope you feel better.

Wknd

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Just getting over a summer time cold, so I am ready for a cigar, you can next day AM deliver the cigar to me and I will take care of the review for you...

he he he....

Now that I blurted in on this I will run and hide.

Hope you feel better.

Wknd
LOL.... Thanks for the well-wishes! I'll get better, hopefully sooner, than later!

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Glad you got the joke in the post, yeah, this has been some nasty stuff going around, nothing worse in the summertime than a cold or a sinus infection.

Here's to healthier days.

Wknd.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Glad you got the joke in the post, yeah, this has been some nasty stuff going around, nothing worse in the summertime than a cold or a sinus infection.

Here's to healthier days.

Wknd.
Well, I know everyone had their opinons, but I might be better off letting you smoke this first one! :grin:

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
1 Appearance:
Ring: 0.770”
Length: 7.141
Color: Brown w/ Golden undertones
Misc.: 3 off-color spots, not very vaney, Slight flat spot on foot, & feels a bit spongy
2 Ash:
Color: Lt. Gray w/ dark banding
Texture: Flakey
Average hold length: About 1”. First drop landed in my lap, second landed on my note pad, even though I was keeping an eye on it. When it landed, it would not hold up at all.​
3 Draw:
Pre-lite: Little loose
During Burn: Very loose during the last 1/3​
4 Burn:
Initial light: Started out ok, maintained good burn for about ¾”-1”.
Overall: It would start to burn off, and get a few runners, but they would even themselves out.
Touchup: Never had to touch up.​
5 Smoke:
Qty.: Didn’t get a whole lot of smoke, it appeared to be an average amount. Nothing spectacular about it.​
6 Flavor:
Pre-lite: little pepper at first. Then I got a hint of tobacco, not a good kind, more like smelling a pack of cigarettes.
1/3: Bit strong through the sinuses. Hot pepper tapering off to an aftertaste that I could not put my finger on.
2/3: I got use to the pepper and it didn’t seem as strong, but still there. Kind of changed to a cinnamon feel.
3/3: Very vegetative, and not to my liking. All pepper taste is gone.
Overall, it did not appear to be too complex.​
7 Uniqueness:
The 1/3 reminds me of many of the cigars I smoke about 3 yrs ago, when I was first starting out. I liked them back then, but as my tastes have changed with my experience, not so much anymore.​
8 Finish:
I did finish the cigar, even though I was ready to drop the last 3rd and forget about it. It did not leave me looking forward to another of this one. Between the lack of flavor appeal and spongy feel of the last 3rd, I was not too impressed.​

Total Score: 73