What's new

Rock Band - Anyone gettin' it?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
So, my sister-in-law and I have been rocking out to Guitar Hero II and Guitar Hero III (on the XBOX 360) almost every weekend for the past four months or so. We are pretty good. Five stars on all medium songs, rather easily, and most of the way through all the songs on the hard difficulty.

Rock Band comes out today and even my wife is excited to pick it up. In addition to playing the guitar portion of the songs now four people can play together on lead guitar, bass guitar, drums, and vocals.

Check it out. Link

Anyone else into Guitar Hero and looking forward to Rock Band?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Guitar Hero is awesome, though I don't have it, I've plated several times. The previews I've seen for Rock Band look great. I hope it lives up to the hype. Dp you need any extra equipment for it? or do the normal controllers work?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Guitar Hero is awesome, though I don't have it, I've plated several times. The previews I've seen for Rock Band look great. I hope it lives up to the hype. Dp you need any extra equipment for it? or do the normal controllers work?
Apparently the XBOX 360 controllers work for it. The game itself comes with one guitar, a mic, and the drum set.

I hear ya Steve. If I wasn't able to go in halves with the SIL I wouldn't be playing these either.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
It just doesn't interest me.

I might go pick up a PS3 when Grand Theft Auto comes out though.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I was never very interested in Guitar Hero until I played it.

Tons of fun and you don't have to be a gamer to enjoy it.
Same here. My cousin brought it over for Thanksgiving. I think I am going to pick it up.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Man, we rocked and rolled to Rock Band the whole dang weekend. It was so much fun everyone in the family took a turn on atleast one piece...singing (if you can cal it that :rofl:), guitar, bass, drims...tons of fun!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rock Band is awesome. I got it the day it came out for PS3 and the only days I haven't played it is when I knew I had to get some sleep. It should come with a warning label because you can play it for hours and not notice.:sing:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
:yes:

We are not going to KC this weekend, the game is at my sis-in-law's down there, and i am jonesing! :rofl:

It's ok though, we will have almost two full weeks to rock out during the holidays. :guitar:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A few months later are any of you guys still playing Rock Band? I'm thinking of getting it for the wife for her birthday. A friend has GH3 and loved it, but he doesn't play it much anymore.

Any different opinions on GH3 v.s RB?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got GH3 and figured I didn't need RB because who needs another music game right? Well I was wrong. I actually prefer RB to GH now and all I really do is play the guitar. It's not that expensive if you have a 360 and pick up just the game solo and maybe a mic for $25, that's what I did. The GH guitars work on RB with the 360 and I have many friends who prefer them to the RB ones. I like my GH2 guitars the best actually, everyone is different. If you have a PS3 I think you're out of luck on the older guitars. For me the graphics on RB make GH3 look awful. I still play both on and off but it has slowed a lot here lately. It's nice to go back and forth because each has different songs. The downloadable content on RB seems a little nicer and updated more often so that might make her play it more often. I turn it on to see what new songs there are that peak my interest to keep playing. That's my 02c.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
rock band is still the shiznit. anytime friends come over we're drinking and jammin out. usually a nice stogie break and some more drinking is enough to ease my pain from singing.

however, i'm not a fan of playing it without someone sitting at all the instruments. for that i'd rather play gh3.