What's new

Rock Band - Anyone gettin' it?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
My only option is the full game with all the instruments because I've got the PS3. $170 is just a bit much for me to swallow.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
A few months later are any of you guys still playing Rock Band? I'm thinking of getting it for the wife for her birthday. A friend has GH3 and loved it, but he doesn't play it much anymore.

Any different opinions on GH3 v.s RB?
We still jam out every weekend.

I haven't touched GH but maybe twice since getting Rock Band.

The best part about the game, IMO, is the fact that our kids friggin' love it. Our four year old daughter can actually sign a couple songs and Anderson, our two year old son, loves strapping on a guitar and "strumming" along with us.

Occasionally he even hops up on my lap and play the drums...with me controlling his arms.

It is awesome to be jamming out and watching the kids dancing and singing along.

I would definitely recommend getting it. My wife is not even into video games and is starting to play some songs on expert bass.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks Todd - that is exactly the kind of review I was looking for I just didn't know how to ask for it. I have a daughter that just turned 4 and she loves singing and dancing. I was looking for something I could play if not with then alongside her. I've been working my way through Assassin's Creed and that's not one you want your 4 year old watching. I was also hoping to get the wife a bit more interested in the ol' Xbox.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
No problem man.

My wife is/was just about as anti video game as one can get. It took some time for her hand-eye coordination to progress to the point that she was having fun but we took it slow and did not push her to hard and now she loves it.

Sometimes we catch her playing alone when she thinks no one is looking. :grin:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
This video is very dark but it was my first try...

This is Anderson...future rock star. :guitar:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4CTkZStgxE[/YOUTUBE]

BTW, if anyone wants to tell me how I get the preview to be part of the video feel free to let me know.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Wow, the little guy is gettin big. Or I haven't been paying attention. Maybe this will interest him into getting a real guitar :rofl:
Actually, that is what we are starting to think.

Please note: He is not actually playing...just strumming to the beat. :blush:

Here is a good one from Christmas...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4g5ygegTM4[/YOUTUBE]

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What do you guys do about storage? Do you just leave the drums setup in the basement or are they easy to tear down and hide away. We're trying to sell our house and I'm worried about having even more crap in the living room that I have to hide when we show the house.

Also, are the cords on the controllers a nuisance?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
What do you guys do about storage? Do you just leave the drums setup in the basement or are they easy to tear down and hide away. We're trying to sell our house and I'm worried about having even more crap in the living room that I have to hide when we show the house.

Also, are the cords on the controllers a nuisance?
We typically leave things set up through out the weekend. If needed the drums do disassemble quite easily.

As for the cord, I bought a six foot USB extension and either follow the wall at my sis-in-law's house (second video) or run it under the rug at our house (first video).

We use the wireless guitars from GH3 (XBOX360) so the only other cord is the microphone when someone sings. They are usually up moving around when they sing and manage the cord themselves.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Ok..I know this is a thread about rock band but I am horribly addicted to GH. I play it every day and that's the main reason I've been posting sporadically. I swore I would never play it and I would have kept that promise but I was over at one of my employee's house when he was playing it....long story short I went out and bought a PS2 (I'm cheap) and now I'm on it more than I was ever online.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
LOL, it is addictive. You know you are in trouble when you restart a song 15 times in a row to try and get 100%. :thumbsup:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
:rofl:

I feel your pain Rob.

If XBOX wasn't in KC during the week...actually it is here now and causing issues...I would be horribly addicted.

Rachel has had to remind me not to play all night when it is here.

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have Guitar Hero I, II, and 80's for the PS2. My friends keep trying to get me to get it for the 360, and then talking to me about Rock Band. I just don't want that many peripherals lying around my house, heh.

Actually, at the cigar bar in town, Monday nights are unofficially Guitar Hero night -- there's about 10 guys that gather and play. I am not really good enough to hang with them. :/

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just got RockBand 2. It's only slightly different than RB1, but so far I like every change I've noticed. I paid the $5 for the license to export all the RB1 songs and my downloaded tracks work without a problem. Now I just need to find me another guitar so I can have a bass player.

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just got RockBand 2. It's only slightly different than RB1, but so far I like every change I've noticed. I paid the $5 for the license to export all the RB1 songs and my downloaded tracks work without a problem. Now I just need to find me another guitar so I can have a bass player.
Same here. I've been rocking out a little bit each night. When is the BOTL Band going to form on Xbox Live? :stretchgr