What's new

Rum-What should I try?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Hey Folks.

I am looking to open my eyes to some different Rum's that are out there. It's sad, but all I have ever drank is Cptn and Bacardi. Can you folks give me a clue on what others I should try? Keep in mind that I am in Michigan and there may be limitations to what is available to me.

Thanks for your time.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Appleton Rum. Jamaica's finest.

Go for the V/X ($20) or the Reserve ($15)

Mix with coke or diet coke and enjoy. One of my favorite drinks out there.

You know i wouldnt' stear you wrong bro!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Oh, and Appleton is available right down the street form you. i saw it when i went in this little liquor store owned by some middle eastern folks that was right near your house.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Appleton Rum. Jamaica's finest.

Go for the V/X ($20) or the Reserve ($15)

Mix with coke or diet coke and enjoy. One of my favorite drinks out there.

You know i wouldnt' stear you wrong bro!
I trust you as long as I check for cameras first.

Thanks for the info. But, do you know how many "Middle Eastern" people live in my city and own stores? St Hgts is the Eastern "melting pot". I will find it and report my review.

Thanks brotha.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Give this site a try. It has some good reviews on quite a few rums

http://www.bilgemunky.com/reviews/rum/

It's a slippery slope your going down. It seems you can't stop buying the stuff once you start. I have about 8 different bottles now and there are still more I want to try. So far my favorites are Ron Zacapa 23 Anos, Zaya, Pompero Anniversario, no mix required, neat or on the rocks!!

D

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Give this site a try. It has some good reviews on quite a few rums

http://www.bilgemunky.com/reviews/rum/

It's a slippery slope your going down. It seems you can't stop buying the stuff once you start. I have about 8 different bottles now and there are still more I want to try. So far my favorites are Ron Zacapa 23 Anos, Zaya, Pompero Anniversario, no mix required, neat or on the rocks!!

D
Wow, your not kidding. A slippery slope? What do you call this place. My married life is going to end soon. But if I can get some of these rums lined up, what will I care.:crying:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Ron Zacapa is an outstanding rum especially if you like it on the sweet side. The El Dorado that Jeff mentioned is a must have also imo. Appleton Estate is another excellent choice.

Havana Club 7 is very good, but hard to get as it is Cuban. I prefer the Ron Caney rum from Cuba. More smooth and complex imo.