What's new

Rum-What should I try?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Goslings is awesome rum. I'd always buy that when mixing instead of Captain Morgan. The Black Seal dark rum has pretty strong vanilla note to it if I remember correctly. I haven't had that stuff in at least 3-4 years now.
Yes it does have a very sweet taste to it. It is like drinking candy!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Well. I snatched up a bottle of Pyrat XO tonight. Nicest rum to my liking as of yet. Enjoyed it with the brother in law along with a PLPC. Very nice way to celebrate the installation of the ventilation system we installed in the man cave.

Next on the list is the Zacapa 23 Anos. Should be in next week for me to pick up. Found a decent retailer within a mile of the house. Quite the selection these boys have.

Can't thank you gents enough for the info. Looking forward to getting my hands on the Cuban Rum's that a fine BOTL is helping me get my hands on. Yipee.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have some of the Zacapa 23yr in my flask for my wedding on saturday. I can't enjoy a fine cigar with out a drink of fine booze. You won't be sorry when you finally get the bottle.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Flor de Cana an excellent rum...the 12 year especially. The Matusalem Gran Reserva tastes exactly like the old cuban version 15 year old. (We did a blind taste test and could not tell the difference....The Matusalem also beat out Havana Club 5 and 7 in taste tests.) If you like a sweeter rum, One Barrel Rum from Belize...lots of Maple flavors. All available just about anywhere cept where there are state stores.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Of course Rob, I'm not calling you a retard, I have the utmost respect for you, unlike Jack Black. Just wanted to clear myself on that one.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just tried the Matusalem last pm & thought it was excellent.
I've never tried the Cuban variety.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Has anyone tried Oronoco? A super premium white sipping rum from Brazil which comes in a cool looking partially leather-wrapped bottle - a friend told me he was going to gift me a bottle. Kinda pricey at ~$40.
Just curious if anyone has tried it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sailor Jerry's is some good stuff.

I'm a fan of Gosling's Black Seal Rum - mix in some Ginger Beer on the rocks and you've got a Dark and Stormy Night - YUM!