What's new

Sad day at the Black Dog house

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I don't generally air much deeply personal stuff here, but they say that sorrow shared is sorrow halved so I thought I'd go ahead and share it here.

Some of you know what my father and I have been through with his health issues over the past couple years. Stroke, dementia/alzheimers, feeding tube, home care and long term care, etc.
Well, this morning he was diagnosed with cancer. Apparently it started in his lungs and has already moved to his bones. He's taking it pretty well. I think in some ways he's tired of all that he's been through in recent years and is ready. He didn't want biopsy's done so right now it looks like he'll get out of the hospital tomorrow with a pain management program. I'll learn more from the doctors tomorrow.
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He's a good man.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry to hear this. We will keep you guys in our thoughts.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Man that's tough to hear Brain. Stay strong for your dad :thumbsup: Prayers sent...

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Brian,

I am sorry to hear this. I will keep you and your father in my thoughts and prayers.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Sorry to hear about your fathers' continued health problems. Good thoughts for you both are on the way.