What's new

Saints and Sinners 2012

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I'd have interest if there were purchases available to the club. Pre-release info, the board and the bloggers out there do a great job keeping us informed. All that schwag means nothing to me...I've got enough clutter around the house.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Honestly I was just joking. Spill as much info as you guys want/need. Makes it easier for our board to "keep in the know"!
Agree with this - I have no interest in joining, but how are members supposed to make an informed decision without knowing what they'll receive for their membership?

Everything you get when you join is clearly stated. Not sure what you mean by this.

Honestly, to me, it just seems like a good way for PJ to sell directly to consumers and bypass the B&M, as well as cement his already somewhat cultish following. I'm not knocking the guy at all, he seems like a great business man. Good for him, I just personally don't have an interest.
Actually no. He never sells anything thats a released product to members, only prototype/experimental type sticks. Anything that is released, is always through a B&M. Now info as to who's getting what.... G1

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Pete said in the beginning flat out he would not sell directly to the consumer because that would not fair to the B&M's. Last year we did get some pre-release info on a few series of sticks (i.e. what's coming out and who was selling them) and a few B&M owners hooked members up on other Tauaje lines that came out. The $150 membership fee is not for super secret intel or private cigar sales, it is merely for the 15 cigar package (usually pre-release trial sticks). You also receive a Hat and Shirt and other misc things Tatuaje (i.e. shot glass, deck of cards, challenge coin, membership card, poker chips, wine bottle opener, etc). And Finally another forum for people to gather and talk about cigars (tatuaje usually). Pete and Casper do a pretty good job keeping everyone informed with Tatauje in general.

During the Christmas season Pete did sell to a few lucky (first come first serve) individuals some cigars from his private stock that would be HTF for most cigar smokers. But none of that is a guarantee, that was just Pete being nice. Pete and Casper also joined in the fun Bombing people last year. This was just a Bonus of being a member of SnS

The thing that irks me about SnS (like any all other forum) is everyone expects more free things, exclusive purchases on cigars, or Pete to sell some of his private stock to everyone. Pete has to run a business and if he did that, the majority of his sales (B&M owners) would be very unhappy with his business. Seriously the membership is for what you get in the beginning and a private forum, everything else is bonus. It may not be for everyone and so be it. It shouldn't have to be justified to anyone whether you should join or not. On SnS you still have petty BS that comes up on every forum and so be it. So if you sign up enjoy your sampler and swag purchase and enjoy a private cigar forum for self proclaimed Tatuaje whores.

And that is my .02 on this whole thing,

** stepping off his soap box **

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Honestly I was just joking. Spill as much info as you guys want/need. Makes it easier for our board to "keep in the know"!
Agree with this - I have no interest in joining, but how are members supposed to make an informed decision without knowing what they'll receive for their membership?

Everything you get when you join is clearly stated. Not sure what you mean by this.

Honestly, to me, it just seems like a good way for PJ to sell directly to consumers and bypass the B&M, as well as cement his already somewhat cultish following. I'm not knocking the guy at all, he seems like a great business man. Good for him, I just personally don't have an interest.
Actually no. He never sells anything thats a released product to members, only prototype/experimental type sticks. Anything that is released, is always through a B&M. Now info as to who's getting what.... G1
I'm confused as to how what you wrote is in disagreement with what I wrote. I didn't say he was selling his released products to members?

Look at it like this. If PJ normally produces a cigar for $2.50, he'll sell it to a B&M for $5, who will in turn sell it for $10 (all these numbers are just for explanation). With the SnS club, he gets to produce a cigar for $2.50 and sell it for $10 himself. I have no idea what additional expenses he incurs as a result of this club, so he could end up breaking even on the whole deal anyway, I'm mostly just speculating. And again, I have absolutely no problem with this business practice, it's just something that I don't see the value in as a consumer.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0

I'm confused as to how what you wrote is in disagreement with what I wrote. I didn't say he was selling his released products to members?

Look at it like this. If PJ normally produces a cigar for $2.50, he'll sell it to a B&M for $5, who will in turn sell it for $10 (all these numbers are just for explanation). With the SnS club, he gets to produce a cigar for $2.50 and sell it for $10 himself. I have no idea what additional expenses he incurs as a result of this club, so he could end up breaking even on the whole deal anyway, I'm mostly just speculating. And again, I have absolutely no problem with this business practice, it's just something that I don't see the value in as a consumer.

When this 'club' was created, it was not just for the "consumer", it was presented and rolled out as a fan club in mind. Not only did the membership fee allow you some swag (which pretty much any consumer could get), it also afforded you the opportunity to get to try samples and pre-release stuff, and also the gathering and sharing of 'insider' information before that average consumer would know. This, like online forums are not for everyone. In fact, most people that walk into a B&M are not involved in any online community like this. They just want to go in, grab a cigar (probably the same cigar they have been smoking for years) and enjoy. However, there are others that want to know as much as they can and enjoy the chase of new and 'special' cigars that they are here and will join such sites as S&S.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I see where you're coming from. The cigars that come in the packs may or may not ever make it to production. It may be something as simple as trying a Sumatra wrapper on a regios. Sure the extra funds may be going to Pete , Casper and/or the site but as a consumer, you are getting 15 premium sticks which are not avail anywhere else, plus a bunch of swag for the price and the forum itself is a great place to park. G1

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey guys, I'm definitely not trying to discourage people from joining so I apologize if it came off that way. I'm not a certified tat whore like some are, so that is probably coloring my perception of "value" a bit, that's all. :)

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
and I"m still sitting on a couple of bundles of pork tenderloins . Personally, it was a better spend than many boxes I've purchased where sticks #1 and 2 are great and then the others just end up being so so. G1
Did you just imply that Tenderloins came up for sale in SnS?
No no, just pre release info in general lol sorry bout that G1
Yeah, not sure why the comment on the Tenderloins. Those cigars came out before SnS ever existed... But yes, you do get pre-release info usually a day or two before anyone else knows which gives you time to call the B&M's and either buy, or get your name on the list before anyone else.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
and I"m still sitting on a couple of bundles of pork tenderloins . Personally, it was a better spend than many boxes I've purchased where sticks #1 and 2 are great and then the others just end up being so so. G1
Did you just imply that Tenderloins came up for sale in SnS?
No no, just pre release info in general lol sorry bout that G1
Yeah, not sure why the comment on the Tenderloins. Those cigars came out before SnS ever existed... But yes, you do get pre-release info usually a day or two before anyone else knows which gives you time to call the B&M's and either buy, or get your name on the list before anyone else.
Man you know I"m old, I couldn't remember when those puppies came out, thought it was info from Sns thats where i've gotten all my info on Petes releases lately. And Sns has been Officially around coming into its second year but before that, there was the underground line..... :) G1