What's new

Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Danillo probably remembers it because is was AJ's cigar when we were smoking in the conference room.
Pete,
I do remember that there was 1 cigar that had a problem... but that was one out of...... 30? 40? I know we smoked quite a few Verites, both the 08 and the 09, and both sizes... so it's hard to keep track of how many we actually smoked. There was no sign of an issue with the wrapper at that time, and the rest of the guys that were there can chime in, and I'm sure they will agree.
It's a shitty thing to happen to such a project, and it really sucks that it was something that was unknown till after its release.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Good video, but I couldnt help notice the jabs thrown at Viaje. This guy lacks class. To call out a fellow cigar manufacturer is shameful. I also didnt realize people could claim a type of cigar wrapper. Using this logic Viaje shouldnt use any wrapper on their cigars because Illusione used them first. This is ridiculous. Candela has been used forever and was at one point the favorite of Americans. Not only that, many manufacturers are currently using it in their production, before Illusione. Check your history. This guy is the only one spouting nonsense.
Thomas,

To question my class because my passion for the industry makes me speak out when I see bullshit, oh well. I believe I know the history of the cigar industry being in the business for close to 20 years. I know all about Candela and who uses it but Dion is the one who made it cool again. To see another Candela cigar come from the same factory in the same size makes me wonder about the class of the factory. Maybe I spoke out of turn and should let Dion speak for himself. I apologize to Dion for speaking out but I have no apologies for someone I consider a copycat.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Pete,
I do remember that there was 1 cigar that had a problem... but that was one out of...... 30? 40? I know we smoked quite a few Verites, both the 08 and the 09, and both sizes... so it's hard to keep track of how many we actually smoked. There was no sign of an issue with the wrapper at that time, and the rest of the guys that were there can chime in, and I'm sure they will agree.
It's a shitty thing to happen to such a project, and it really sucks that it was something that was unknown till after its release.
Think that was the only cigar out of all the bundles that we smoked that had ANY issues.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Pete, I say you and Andre settle your differences Thunderdome style. Once you emerge victorious, we can get back to just discussing releases, and forget about all the petty crap that fills up these threads. :)

Thomas M

Boutique Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thomas,

To question my class because my passion for the industry makes me speak out when I see bullshit, oh well. I believe I know the history of the cigar industry being in the business for close to 20 years. I know all about Candela and who uses it but Dion is the one who made it cool again. To see another Candela cigar come from the same factory in the same size makes me wonder about the class of the factory. Maybe I spoke out of turn and should let Dion speak for himself. I apologize to Dion for speaking out but I have no apologies for someone I consider a copycat.
Sorry, you wont be able to pull the wool over my eyes. Classless because you dont call out another in a public forum. Where I come from we have something called decorum. Candela is cool? Since when? Its a novelty item. Out of turn, yes. It seems you have gotten yourself in trouble on other various sites with you comments. Do yourself a favor and stop talking so much about other companies. Focus on what you're doing. You have a great brand. Dont cheapen your image by playing grade school games.

Thomas M

Boutique Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pete, I say you and Andre settle your differences Thunderdome style. Once you emerge victorious, we can get back to just discussing releases, and forget about all the petty crap that fills up these threads. :)
This would never happen Trein. Having met Andre on a couple of occasions I can assure you he is an absolute gentleman with an equal love for this industry. Maybe it was how I was raised, but I cant stand seeing the smaller guy get picked on.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Sorry, you wont be able to pull the wool over my eyes. Classless because you dont call out another in a public forum. Where I come from we have something called decorum. Candela is cool? Since when? Its a novelty item. Out of turn, yes. It seems you have gotten yourself in trouble on other various sites with you comments. Do yourself a favor and stop talking so much about other companies. Focus on what you're doing. You have a great brand. Dont cheapen your image by playing grade school games.
Wow...So are you the pot or the kettle? Or just call you an English hypocrite?

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Well thanks for telling me I bought some bad wrapper quality cigars with La Verite 08. It's not like they cost me anything. That's a rip off if you ask me and you want your customers to buy into futures?
Hate to tell you this but that is what can happen with vintages. I think he explained the concept of releasing this cigar just like Bordeaux releases their vintages for wine. The fact is that nobody knows how good it will truly be until the 1st tranche is released. If you don't jump on the 1st tranche at the reduced price and the vintage becomes a "hit" then the prices will skyrocket.

I will be in on this pre-release though for 2009. It suposed to have pelo de oro in it, so I am all in! And if it happens to suck, so what!

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
If the intent is to eventually really parallel wine futures, the missing link may be a panel of independent expert tasters who could reliably determine prior to release if and when a particular vintage will develop into something spectacular. Dunno if this is even feasible but just sayin' ...
Yeah, not a good idea at all! Robert Parker and those other critics just need to keep their mouths shut! Let the public get the surprise they paid for. All they do is make prices escalate. Have you seen what happened to 2009 Bordeaux futures! It will probably happen to 2010 futures as well, since chemically it supposed to be better than 2009.

This nonsense has to stop in the futures biz.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Yes it has Pelo in it.

Thomas, I have no wool to pull. I'm an open book. I believe my parents raised me well and thank them for that and would never want to disappoint them by cheating my way up the ladder.

BTW, I don't see much difference in the size of my company compared to Viaje. So if you think that a big guy is picking on the small, you are mistaken.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Im looking forward to Saints and Sinners, as well as the 09 Verite! Any idea what the price for the club is going to be yet?

Thomas M

Boutique Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it has Pelo in it.

Thomas, I have no wool to pull. I'm an open book. I believe my parents raised me well and thank them for that and would never want to disappoint them by cheating my way up the ladder.

BTW, I don't see much difference in the size of my company compared to Viaje. So if you think that a big guy is picking on the small, you are mistaken.
Sure you do. No one is cheating. Let your anger go.

No sir, you are mistaken. Looking at his site Viaje has around 100 clients. How many do you have? I reckon your production is 4 times that of Viaje. More wool.

Status
Not open for further replies.