What's new

Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Sure you do. No one is cheating. Let your anger go.

No sir, you are mistaken. Looking at his site Viaje has around 100 clients. How many do you have? I reckon your production is 4 times that of Viaje. More wool.
The main difference is that Viaje sits on the shelf, untouched, unless it's one of his crafty super limited releases, 10 bundles of 5 sticks... those sell fast, but no one will touch Viaje Gold/Plat lines.... even at a highly discounted price!! no one bitches at the fact that they can't get Viaje LE's... but the second that Pete has an LE, people bitch that they can't get it... before it's released.
Viaje has brought that upon it'self, being a tiny company because he does 30 LE cigars a year, and does not give a shit about the regular line, the stuff that should be the backbone of the company.
Tatuaje on the other hand, sells both regular production, and people come back for more... and they also have great LE's that people go nuts for... but the company has a solid foundation to stand on.

Why do you personally take so much offense to this? do you have some stake in Viaje?

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The main difference is that Viaje sits on the shelf, untouched, unless it's one of his crafty super limited releases, 10 bundles of 5 sticks... those sell fast, but no one will touch Viaje Gold/Plat lines.... even at a highly discounted price!! no one bitches at the fact that they can't get Viaje LE's... but the second that Pete has an LE, people bitch that they can't get it... before it's released.
Viaje has brought that upon it'self, being a tiny company because he does 30 LE cigars a year, and does not give a shit about the regular line, the stuff that should be the backbone of the company.
Tatuaje on the other hand, sells both regular production, and people come back for more... and they also have great LE's that people go nuts for... but the company has a solid foundation to stand on.

Why do you personally take so much offense to this? do you have some stake in Viaje?
well said! Thats what I like about Tatuaje, his regular production stuff is fantastic and its great to have it to fall back on in between his LEs. Ive smoked a few Viajes with mixed results, but they have all been LEs, ive never picked up any of the regular line. I always wonder how Viaje is making any money because I know that these companies dont make a lot on the small batch runs, they make money off the regular production cigars. Maybe that is why Viaje is doing so many LEs?

Thomas M

Boutique Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As a defense attorney it is my nature to defend someone I feel is wrongly attacked. In addition, I have 3 younger brothers. I've said my piece. This will be my last post on the topic.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
As a defense attorney it is my nature to defend someone I feel is wrongly attacked. In addition, I have 3 younger brothers. I've said my piece. This will be my last post on the topic.

Stick to your clients, then......Your misunderstanding of the cigar industry and your lack of attention to facts spelled out in front of you are tiresome.

Hope this will be your last post on this topic. :waving:

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Danillo probably remembers it because is was AJ's cigar when we were smoking in the conference room.
Think that was the only cigar out of all the bundles that we smoked that had ANY issues.
Yep, I was sitting next to AJ as he was smoking the 08 and 09 La Verite side-by-side. Don't recall any other cigar in the bundles we had that had a problem.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
The main difference is that Viaje sits on the shelf, untouched, unless it's one of his crafty super limited releases, 10 bundles of 5 sticks... those sell fast, but no one will touch Viaje Gold/Plat lines.... even at a highly discounted price!!
I love the platino line, actually.

Can we get back to talking about Saints and Sinners? haha
YES PLEASE!!!!!! So sick of bitching. BOTL = Bitching of/about the leaf.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
IMHVO, ckay is what I call a 'skimmer'. He skims through the thread, not fully comprehending nor understanding what was written because he didn't really read all of it.

At least, this is the only suggestion I can come up with as to how Pete's apology and offer to replace a product is referred to as "standing behind his product? How?" :dunno:

:rofl:
Clint, you are correct. I didn't even read the post. I think skip is more applicable than skimmer.

I apologize.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Clint, you are correct. I didn't even read the post. I think skip is more applicable than skimmer.

I apologize.
Very decent of you.

Wasn't looking for an apology...And the apology shouldn't be to me....I have been guilty of the same thing...Just trying to keep the board civil, that's all :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, coming from a B&M that had Pete's sticks yanked off our shelves due to the "one retailer in a market" exclusivity crap of a few years ago, I shouldn't love his stuff so much, but I do. I just think there should be enough room in the cigar industry for both Pete and Andre, although they're obviously not going to be in the same room anytime soon...LOL. (well, except the IPCPR show floor, but that's a big damn room!)

Re: the candela wrapped cigars, the ostracized one had a valid point. Candelas are not new, nor is just about anything else you can imagine to try with a cigar. When does it become "copying" or "following" as opposed to innovation or honoring the past? Too big a question for me, but to insinuate that Dion (as much as I love his stuff, too) is the first use candela, or the first to make it cool? I don't know.

Additionally, we sell Viaje, and the Oro and Platino sell very well. They're not crap cigars, they're well made, flavorful, and of a high quality in construction. Calling Viaje crap is a little over the top, even if Pete is a valuable contributor here.

Then again, I'm just a newbie that sells and smokes cigars all day, what do I know?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm not going to take part in the debate, hear, as it seems feelings are getting hurt. I'm spoken my piece about the LE-driven marketing before, and I think everyone knows I'm on Team Pete, lol.

but no one will touch Viaje Gold/Plat lines.... even at a highly discounted price!!
That being said ... Danilo, if you know of somewhere to get Viaje regulars at "highly discounted prices," please let me know! I like 'em. (My issue is not with the sticks themselves, I just wish they had more regular releases instead of 95% LEs.)

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Additionally, we sell Viaje, and the Oro and Platino sell very well. They're not crap cigars, they're well made, flavorful, and of a high quality in construction. Calling Viaje crap is a little over the top, even if Pete is a valuable contributor here.

Then again, I'm just a newbie that sells and smokes cigars all day, what do I know?
What a coincidence... I do the same thing, all day, many days a week.... except the part about Viaje selling... and being a newbie... cause I can't get people to smoke that shit if I put a gun to their head!

So April 1st (the day of fools) is Saints and Sinners.... Could be a big set-up, and play a joke on all of us. would that be funny?

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Im not a huge Viaje reg release fan. dont care for them, however I love some of the LE's he put out. Plain and simple. To each there own, who gives a shit?? I cant wait for Saints and Sinners. Hopefully im able to sign up, if im not, oh well....Ill still buy Tats, Ill still smoke almost only Tats....

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah, not a good idea at all! Robert Parker and those other critics just need to keep their mouths shut! Let the public get the surprise they paid for. All they do is make prices escalate. Have you seen what happened to 2009 Bordeaux futures! It will probably happen to 2010 futures as well, since chemically it supposed to be better than 2009.

This nonsense has to stop in the futures biz.
The escalation of future prices have to do more with the mainland Chinese willing to pay crazy prices to corner the market for the best Bordeaux:

http://winecrushblog.com/?p=1871

Just like markets for other commodities, escalating current market prices drive up future contract prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.