What's new

Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If the intent is to eventually really parallel wine futures, the missing link may be a panel of independent expert tasters who could reliably determine prior to release if and when a particular vintage will develop into something spectacular. Dunno if this is even feasible but just sayin' ...

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
BTW, futures are a way for customers to get involved with the growth of this project and also get the cigars to you at a much cheaper price. I reduce my margin drastically just to get people involved. The people who buy early obviously believe in the project and appreciate buying in early. The people who wait shouldn't complain that they had to pay the full street price when the newer vintages finally release. And, I don't expect anyone to buy into them early. It's only an offering.
Just so ya know Pete...I wish your cigars were more available. I want to agree with this last statement however getting your product seems to be getting more and more difficult. The HTF stuff has just gotten insane on this site becuse of the few stores who handle the inventory. I'm hoping that through your site (Which I have signed up for) Saints and Sinners will provide us "Your Fans" a vialble way to get your products easily. I have to tell you, as much as I love ya, I'm sick of the fight brother!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Must have been "late harvest" tobacco! Ha. In all seriousness, here is yet another reason we love your product. Because you are your product and you stand behind it!
You want to bash on Andre, and commend Pete because he is his product? Are you saying Pete is a $20 cigar that explodes?

Standing behind his product? How? By telling you he fucked up and let the wrapper dry out but tough shit because vintage is new to me?

Come up for air in a while.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I like how you stand behind your product. For this reason alone I would buy into your product more and more. As you said, if I have a problem I don't just have the opportunity to get another box but a different product of equal value of my choosing. If that does not make people happy then nothing will. Some people have to remember that they are dealing with a once living(and still evolving) product and sometimes not everything can go as plan.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Standing behind his product? How? By telling you he fucked up and let the wrapper dry out but tough shit because vintage is new to me?

1)offering a replacement of any different stick of equal value of your choosing.

2) he never said tough shit, he said that he checked it and some sticks had the problem but not enough to scrap the project. I have read that many many people love the 2008 and have only heard of a few having problems. I have heard this same problem with many different brands across the board so why is he getting so much shit about it?

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I love my Verite, believe me. I love my Tatuaje. I'm tired of the "You're so great, everyone else sucks" posts.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When was the last time you saw Andre post on the forum? Give a 20 minute interview to a blogger? I'm glad I can go into Uptown's in Nashville any day and grab something from his regular line. I've smoked a few Tats that didn't fit my flavor profile, but they weren't over priced, over hyped and weren't bad sticks. They just weren't for me.

I'm probably like most guys on the forum, I met Pete once. I didn't say much because he was swamped, but he was cool about snapping a few pictures with me, my wife, some guys from my cigar club and some other cigar slinging goon that is called an ass from time to time. Pete's attitude and honesty and Tatuaje's ability to produce a consist, decent priced cigar is why I buy them. That and Pete's not a big enough ass to take a picture of himself sitting on the throne. Now for me right now, all do respect, but Illusione and Elogio are starting to sloooooooooowly take over the humidor.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If you have any unsmoked/uncut sticks in good condition and feel they might have a problem, please send them back for a trade.

My address is :
Tatuaje Cigars Inc
7518 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046

Please make sure you include a return address on the inside of the package and package them well to avoid any damage. Also include phone# and email.

I will replace with regular line product of your choice based on the 2008 suggested retail of $16 for the robusto and $20 for the Churchill. Please include a wishlist of the product you like to see in the trade.

Choice of brands include:
Tatuaje Brown
Tatuaje Havana VI Red
Ambos Mundos
La Riqueza
El Triunfador
Cabaiguan

Regards,
Pete

Ckay, if I were not willing to stand behind my product, I would have never brought it up and told people it was probably their humidor that was causing the problem. Instead I brought up something isolated that I found out about after all the product had been sold. Remember these were sold last July.

Last edited:

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I am not returning mine. Just going to try keeping them at a higher RH for a few months and see what happens. Thanks again man. Stand up move.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
On the 2008's, I've gone through about 12 of the La Verite and 15 of the Lespirit's. Had 2 where the wrapper split but was still smokeable be it looking a little strange when they open up a bit lol. Never had an issue with the Lespirits. I remember I had a few store rolled sticks when Pepin was out at the outlaw in a corona gorda size and the wrappers then were very fragile as well. You can tell and so you be careful. They smoked great, you just can't be rough with em. Tobacco leaf is made by mother nature so you really can't control it. You can have a great looking cigar which tastes like poo and you can have an almost too delicate cigar which tastes great. Me, I'd go with the second ;) Cudos to Pete for offering to trade back any "possibly bad" product.

I personally like the futures concept and yes its a gamble which pays of royally if the vintage is good. Thing is to start with a good winery (cigar producer in this case) so that even if the vintage is off, you still end up with a product thats decent. I'm ready for the 09 vintage as soon as its offered. G1

Thomas M

Boutique Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good video, but I couldnt help notice the jabs thrown at Viaje. This guy lacks class. To call out a fellow cigar manufacturer is shameful. I also didnt realize people could claim a type of cigar wrapper. Using this logic Viaje shouldnt use any wrapper on their cigars because Illusione used them first. This is ridiculous. Candela has been used forever and was at one point the favorite of Americans. Not only that, many manufacturers are currently using it in their production, before Illusione. Check your history. This guy is the only one spouting nonsense.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
You want to bash on Andre, and commend Pete because he is his product? Are you saying Pete is a $20 cigar that explodes?

IMHVO, ckay is what I call a 'skimmer'. He skims through the thread, not fully comprehending nor understanding what was written because he didn't really read all of it.

At least, this is the only suggestion I can come up with as to how Pete's apology and offer to replace a product is referred to as "standing behind his product? How?" :dunno:

:rofl:

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Any chance we could stay on topic? Maybe we need a sticky for Tatuaje vs Viaje so we can keep the bickering out of threads like these?

Status
Not open for further replies.