What's new

Sampling The New WLT Cibao Valley SKUs

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rolled several of the new breed last Sunday. Rested a week and yesterday lit one up to see what all the brew ha-ha is about.

One full leaf CV criollo ligero
" " CV seco
" " Mata Fina (just for funzies)
Binder was 'Jorge' from two years ago. (Mojo and put to rest 2 years)
Wrapper was LO Nicaraguan (my current fav wrapper)

First light... not so good. An immediate twang of bitterness that didn't let up.

Took the second cigar and gave it 8 seconds in the microwave and blew it out. Did this three (3) times in a row. The cigar ended up much firmer and definitively drier.
Lit this up and the cigar transformed from chicken shit to chicken salad. An immediate improvement in smoothness. The bitterness was gone. The flavors now came out dancing on my palate gangnam style. Party time.

With a glass of Glenfiddich (on cracked ice of course) I enjoyed this cigar immensely from beginning to end.

Kudos Bliss, this tobacco produced the smoothest cigar I've rolled to date!!

As a side note: This cigar put out tons of smoke(anyone else notice this?). Just sitting there smoke was plumeing off the end. It only took a small draw to produce a mouthful of smoke. Small sips were all that was needed to satisfy.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rolled several of the new breed last Sunday. Rested a week and yesterday lit one up to see what all the brew ha-ha is about.

One full leaf CV criollo ligero
" " CV seco
" " Mata Fina (just for funzies)
Binder was 'Jorge' from two years ago. (Mojo and put to rest 2 years)
Wrapper was LO Nicaraguan (my current fav wrapper)

First light... not so good. An immediate twang of bitterness that didn't let up.

Took the second cigar and gave it 8 seconds in the microwave and blew it out. Did this three (3) times in a row. The cigar ended up much firmer and definitively drier.
Lit this up and the cigar transformed from chicken shit to chicken salad. An immediate improvement in smoothness. The bitterness was gone. The flavors now came out dancing on my palate gangnam style. Party time.

With a glass of Glenfiddich (on cracked ice of course) I enjoyed this cigar immensely from beginning to end.

Kudos Bliss, this tobacco produced the smoothest cigar I've rolled to date!!

As a side note: This cigar put out tons of smoke(anyone else notice this?). Just sitting there smoke was plumeing off the end. It only took a small draw to produce a mouthful of smoke. Small sips were all that was needed to satisfy.
Also just for funzies try it with two leaves of the ligero and none of the MF. I know it sounds insane, but sometimes you gotta swing for the stars....

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok gents, I finally made time to order some CV Criollo Ligero. While I was there I also ordered more of the CVVA Seco. After my order, there'll only be 1 pound of the seco left....

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So this stick is 1 CV Criollo Ligero, .5 CVVA Seco, .5 Nic binder leaf. Straight from the bags, to the table, wrapped in newspaper for an hour maybe, then out to smoke. So far, all the other sticks I've tried ROTT for the last year or so have stayed lit from the first try to the end. This bugger won't stay lit for anything....20180323_144613.jpgand I've really tried to get it lit up....
When torched, it'll smoke and taste great but goes out after a puff, like in 30 seconds or less. Guess I need to let these trial sticks dry box for a while even though I didn't spray any filler leaves at all.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So this stick is 1 CV Criollo Ligero, .5 CVVA Seco, .5 Nic binder leaf. Straight from the bags, to the table, wrapped in newspaper for an hour maybe, then out to smoke. So far, all the other sticks I've tried ROTT for the last year or so have stayed lit from the first try to the end. This bugger won't stay lit for anything....View attachment 110814and I've really tried to get it lit up....
When torched, it'll smoke and taste great but goes out after a puff, like in 30 seconds or less. Guess I need to let these trial sticks dry box for a while even though I didn't spray any filler leaves at all.
This is really really weird. How are you bunching? How was your draw?

Last night I gave this one a go a week post roll. All ligero filler: 1 CV criollo, 1 piloto cubano, 1/2 Jorge, nica binder, mata fina wrapper. This was pretty Zen.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So this stick is 1 CV Criollo Ligero, .5 CVVA Seco, .5 Nic binder leaf. Straight from the bags, to the table, wrapped in newspaper for an hour maybe, then out to smoke. So far, all the other sticks I've tried ROTT for the last year or so have stayed lit from the first try to the end. This bugger won't stay lit for anything....View attachment 110814and I've really tried to get it lit up....
I’m thinking it’s a construction issue
I’ve had zero burn problems with any of the CV leaf.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is really really weird. How are you bunching? How was your draw?
Bunched as normal, entubado. Draw was good. Guess maybe this bag is a bit damp from the vendor. Didn't seem wet mind you, but maybe I should just let the leaf sit out a bit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bunched as normal, entubado. Draw was good. Guess maybe this bag is a bit damp from the vendor. Didn't seem wet mind you, but maybe I should just let the leaf sit out a bit.
Yep, damp stops the fire.

If your in a hurry, the microwave drys out the cigar in a matter of seconds.(don't forget to blow out the moisture after each 9 second blast) I've taken cigars that I thought were dry after a month of dry boxing and have been amazed how much water was still hiding in there. No harm will come to the cigar. After all it's nothing more than a high frequency causing water molecules to vibrate and turn to steam. It's not 'nuclear' in any way.