What's new

Sampling The New WLT Cibao Valley SKUs

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Don's front page says: "UPS will no longer accept packages containing tobacco. We can still ship shredders and other accessories with them. The UPS payment option will remain, but if your order includes tobacco, it will be shipped USPS." I don't know what grandfathered arrangement FXSS has with UPS, but we don't have this problem. You would assume that when your driver backs down to the loading dock at a cigar factory around three each afternoon, why, somewhere along the way it might have dawned on you that you are most likely accepting tobacco. But, the way the world works, it seems like so much so-called "policy" we hear cited is just passive aggressive bureaucratese for some petty tight-ass twit just now made it up so's he could feel like a big cheese at your expense. I will say this: the post office is nearly always cheaper; after all, they can run at a loss and depend on the taxpayer bailing them out. We can send a package priority flat rate to a remote village in Alaska for $12.40 where UPS wants $84. No wonder they're in the hole.

Don rocks.
"The USPS receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations." "The Postal Service's $15 billion debt is a direct result of the mandate that it must pay about $5.6 billion a year for 10 years to prefund the retiree healthcare plan. This requirement has deprived the Postal Service of the opportunity to invest in capital projects and research and development."

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don's front page says: "UPS will no longer accept packages containing tobacco. We can still ship shredders and other accessories with them. The UPS payment option will remain, but if your order includes tobacco, it will be shipped USPS." I don't know what grandfathered arrangement FXSS has with UPS, but we don't have this problem. You would assume that when your driver backs down to the loading dock at a cigar factory around three each afternoon, why, somewhere along the way it might have dawned on you that you are most likely accepting tobacco. But, the way the world works, it seems like so much so-called "policy" we hear cited is just passive aggressive bureaucratese for some petty tight-ass twit just now made it up so's he could feel like a big cheese at your expense. I will say this: the post office is nearly always cheaper; after all, they can run at a loss and depend on the taxpayer bailing them out. We can send a package priority flat rate to a remote village in Alaska for $12.40 where UPS wants $84. No wonder they're in the hole.

Don rocks.
Then, in the next paragraph, it says....

$10 discount on orders over $79.99
Enter "GreatDeal" as the coupon code when you check out. Do not select checkout with lapyap on the shopping cart page, select "Checkout" and continue to enter your information. You MUST then select UPS Ground as the shipping option. You will be given the option to checkout with lapyap after entering the coupon code. Offer does NOT include wholesale, commercial or Industrial products.
This offer is also extended to International orders

Then in the next paragraph...

Coupon Codes: To enter a coupon code, you MUST select "Check Out"...NOT "Check out with lapyap" You will be able to use your lapyap account after you enter the coupon code. After entering your billing and shipping information, Domestic customers only (USA), MUST select UPS shipping (All International orders are shipped USPS), then enter the coupon code on the next page, you MUST click on "Apply Coupon" after you enter the coupon code.

This message is written twice on the front page. So, I followed the instructions and ended up paying the up charge of $8 more for UPS but then it was shipped the less expensive USPS. This sort of nulled out my $10 coupon code.

Where did I go wrong when placing my order? If they only ship USPS why is it mandatory to select this option of UPS when using a coupon?

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LO will ship leaf via UPS.
Using UPS for shipping leaf in less than 20 pound increments is simply something Don chooses not to do.
UPS ships tobacco and cigars frequently. I've ordered cigars and had them delivered by UPS and by the USPS.

USPS website info:
Cigarettes & Smokeless Tobacco

Most cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products may not be mailed domestically or internationally.
Definitions of Cigarettes & Smokeless Tobacco Products
NOTE: If your cigarettes and smokeless tobacco shipment may be mailed, you must have your package approved by a Postal employee at a Post Office™.
Tobacco RestrictionsExceptions for Mailing Cigarette & Smokeless Tobacco
Cigars
Cigars may be mailed domestically. They may also be shipped internationally unless the country you are shipping to prohibits it.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"The USPS receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations." "The Postal Service's $15 billion debt is a direct result of the mandate that it must pay about $5.6 billion a year for 10 years to prefund the retiree healthcare plan. This requirement has deprived the Postal Service of the opportunity to invest in capital projects and research and development."
That and Franking.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Smoke and mirrors. The feds underwrite Post Office debt. The PO pays just one percent. You want to offer me $16 bil at one percent I'll go in the hole right now, and make me such a bundle that Stormy Daniels will be my new best friend. She's a friendly gal, I hear.

Then there's the value of the monopoly.

The flip side, of course, is that any time Congress can insert an oar, common sense takes a hike.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is not right, Bliss. Not right. Now I have to re-think my ligerophobia. Never too old to learn, they say; just too old to want to learn.

One leaf Vuelta Hab seco, two leaves Cibao Criollo ligero, Olor binder, FX CT wrapper, a fire on the hearth, Balvenie in the hand... Holy Schidt!

The only niggling thing I could come up with is, that much leaf won't cram into a corona. Perhaps my leaves are bigger than yours. Three leaves swelled up to a 50rg robusto. I'll take a couple stabs, prolly reducing the ligero by a leaf, so's I can cram the result in my corona mold and start making them in volume.

I'm naming this blend after you. A couple boxes are going in the stash bin.

All's I need is a band.

BTW -- How's the old lady? Last we heard she was spiderbit.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is not right, Bliss. Not right. Now I have to re-think my ligerophobia. Never too old to learn, they say; just too old to want to learn.

One leaf Vuelta Hab seco, two leaves Cibao Criollo ligero, Olor binder, FX CT wrapper, a fire on the hearth, Balvenie in the hand... Holy Schidt!

The only niggling thing I could come up with is, that much leaf won't cram into a corona. Perhaps my leaves are bigger than yours. Three leaves swelled up to a 50rg robusto. I'll take a couple stabs, prolly reducing the ligero by a leaf, so's I can cram the result in my corona mold and start making them in volume.

I'm naming this blend after you. A couple boxes are going in the stash bin.

All's I need is a band.

BTW -- How's the old lady? Last we heard she was spiderbit.
I'm probably gonna call that recipe Maria, just on account of my spreadsheet entry, "Holy Mother of God." Might also call it Stella, on account of both "star," and, "Hey, Vinnie, this cigar is stella'."

M's doing pretty okay. Yesterday her internist consulted with an infectious disease dude and they changed up her antibiotic from Augmentin to Keflex, and this a.m. she showed signs of improvement.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm probably gonna call that recipe Maria, just on account of my spreadsheet entry, "Holy Mother of God." Might also call it Stella, on account of both "star," and, "Hey, Vinnie, this cigar is stella'."

M's doing pretty okay. Yesterday her internist consulted with an infectious disease dude and they changed up her antibiotic from Augmentin to Keflex, and this a.m. she showed signs of improvement.
Wow doood, how bad is she? That sounds like a lot of treatment for a bite. Is the bite area going necrotic?

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

two of ligero? That seems like an awful lot of NIC-leaf in a blend. OK, tonight I gotta try it out. But two leaves??

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow doood, how bad is she? That sounds like a lot of treatment for a bite. Is the bite area going necrotic?
No, just blood infection and resultant outward manifestation thereof.
Maria doesn't have any Nic leaf. 2 ligeros is a normal amount for one leaf seco filler, one leaf seco binder. 50/50. Standard blend. 2 on the "bliss scale."

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maria doesn't have any Nic leaf. 2 ligeros is a normal amount for one leaf seco filler, one leaf seco binder. 50/50. Standard blend. 2 on the "bliss scale."
Tell her that all of us at BOTL hope she feels better soonest.

I'm going to blend some leaf like that. I have been skimp on the ligero (puke weed) because too much nic and I won't
sleep at night. But I'll give that ration a try.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ahhh- That's Nic as in nicotine, not Nicaragua
2 leaf of ligero = lots of nicotine I'd think.
Why no viso in this blend?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So here's my test quickie last night:

Dialed back the ligero on this one, to make it all fit in a corona. So, one leaf Vuelta Hab seco, one leaf Cibao Criollo ligero, Olor binder, FX CT wrapper, a fire on the hearth, Balvenie in the hand... Aw Crap! Didn't blend up near so good. Looks like I need 1 1/3 CV C98 ligero, 2/3 VA Hab seco. Don't you hate when your blend wanders into thirds? You wind up juggling scraps.

Lemme see what fits in a fecto mold. I've got two of them, and one packs a plumper fecto than the other.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So here's my test quickie last night:

Dialed back the ligero on this one, to make it all fit in a corona. So, one leaf Vuelta Hab seco, one leaf Cibao Criollo ligero, Olor binder, FX CT wrapper, a fire on the hearth, Balvenie in the hand... Aw Crap! Didn't blend up near so good. Looks like I need 1 1/3 CV C98 ligero, 2/3 VA Hab seco. Don't you hate when your blend wanders into thirds? You wind up juggling scraps.

Lemme see what fits in a fecto mold. I've got two of them, and one packs a plumper fecto than the other.
I'd have tried 1.5 ligero to 1 seco, and then only use .5 for the binder. That way you're easily 1:1 ratio seco/ligero, as in the original blend.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'd have tried 1.5 ligero to 1 seco, and then only use .5 for the binder. That way you're easily 1:1 ratio seco/ligero, as in the original blend.
Don't confuse me now. True, the binder is Olor. But the seco filler is some dry Cuban downturn. Isn't that your slot# 3? Where did I miss the bus?

Here's what you had posted:

Slot 1: Olor binder, 1 leaf CVVA (Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo) Habano Seco; 2 leaves CVVA Habano Ligero

Slot 2: Olor binder and CVVA Habano Seco; CV Coro Lig, 2 leaves

Slot 3. Same formula, with CV CriolloLig.