What's new

Sayings you HATE!!!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
"In a minute" as in "I haven't seen him in a minute". That one makes me feel like my old man did whenever he heard me use slang as a kid

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
One I can't stand : "It is what it is"

It only "is what it is" until I kick the situation in the ass and make it what I want. If you can't tell, I don't like being told I can't do things

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
"Hindsight is 20/20" - I cringe whenever someone says that. So overused.

(When there's a missing pricetag) "Hey, must be free!" No, it's not. It's not free.

"Knah-mean?" I have no idea what you mean, I can barely understand what you say.

"Can't take it with you" - Dude, obviously. That's no excuse for stupidity or not planning ahead.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Maybe. Or it might just leave you in a weakened state. Again, not an excuse for stupidity.

"Cigars are meant to be smoked" (or any variant.) - Do whatever you want with your property, and don't let anyone guilt you into doing what they want because they have sour grapes about not having whatever you have.

(When I was a bank teller, and asked if there was anything else I could help them with) "Got any free money?" - Hey, haven't heard that one before! You're amazingly clever, Mr. Customer.

"Brah" - It's "bro." Not "brah." Don't say "brah."

"Banks are evil." No, sir, you're just bad with money. I didn't cause your seven overdrafts, you did.

"Should of/could of" - It's have. As in "I should have..." Oddly I don't care about "shoulda" at all, that's fine, but when written "should of", it drives me nuts.

"For all intensive purposes" - This one drives me absolutely bananas. The purpose is not intensive. It's "For all intents and purposes." Very different things.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
"a little bit of..." <--- any tv cooking show
"at the same time" <--- seems like everyone is saying it

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
While I'm playing poker nothing bugs me more than when someone says "one time". It's tottaly harmless buts bugs the crap out of me.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Everything happens for a reason. No fucking shit. The reason could be anything from a good/decision to an accident. So yes everything happens for a reason, thank you captain brahviousizzle.