What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I just smoked one this afternoon and I think it needs a little rest from the trip. The one I smoked seemed over humidified so I'd suggest rest long enough in 62-65% rH and they'll be freaking singing since they are already aged 3.5 years.
Ohh yeah they will be! I had a '14 Connie A a week or two ago and had them sitting at 64% for about a month since I got them and they were definatly singing sweet somethings for sure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Oh I am definitely going to try any and all I can :). Just wanted to see if there were any I should try out first that people tend to like more than others.
Pick the size that suits you best.
Edit to add: Cohibas are one marca that ages extremely well so give them a few months to acclimate and smoke one then don't open the box again, not even to check for mold, for 5-10 years.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Finally found a gorgeous box of Partagas 8-9-8 varnished (SOM MAY 16), forgot how hard it is to find a great box of these recently.

This may be a dumb newbie question, but I've always wondered what the difference between varnished and unvarnished boxes were with respect to these? I've tried to find information on the difference but haven't had any luck, maybe one of the brothers can help me out with this...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
This may be a dumb newbie question, but I've always wondered what the difference between varnished and unvarnished boxes were with respect to these? I've tried to find information on the difference but haven't had any luck, maybe one of the brothers can help me out with this...
The varnished (called that as they are in varnished boxes, you're welcome from Captain Obvious) are 6.7 inches long and 43 RG. The unvarnished, discontinued in 2002, were 6.1 inches long and 42 RG. I found the unvarnished to be milder and somewhat more complex, while the varnished have always been more a tower of power in comparison.