What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
The varnished (called that as they are in varnished boxes, you're welcome from Captain Obvious) are 6.7 inches long and 43 RG. The unvarnished, discontinued in 2002, were 6.1 inches long and 42 RG. I found the unvarnished to be milder and somewhat more complex, while the varnished have always been more a tower of power in comparison.
Thanks Captain! I kind of assumed the varnished/unvarnished box, but was wondering more so about the other aspects you stated. Thank you for elaborating! Much appreciated!

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Finally found a gorgeous box of Partagas 8-9-8 varnished (SOM MAY 16), forgot how hard it is to find a great box of these recently.

This may be a dumb newbie question, but I've always wondered what the difference between varnished and unvarnished boxes were with respect to these? I've tried to find information on the difference but haven't had any luck, maybe one of the brothers can help me out with this...
The varnished (called that as they are in varnished boxes, you're welcome from Captain Obvious) are 6.7 inches long and 43 RG. The unvarnished, discontinued in 2002, were 6.1 inches long and 42 RG. I found the unvarnished to be milder and somewhat more complex, while the varnished have always been more a tower of power in comparison.
@icehog3 nailed it on the head, I found the unvarnished were great to smoke while young due to being milder/complex but didn't really age well due to the lack of strength and loss the complexity. The varnished needed the age due to the strength to be more rounded/tame and have the complexity come forward.

I have some varnished that have 10-15 yrs on them and still have plenty of power/strength.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
This and @Glassman's box of BRC, I'm hoping mine get there with another month of drying

Edit: and 2014 HdM Epi delux

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
i tried to get as many 2014 de lux on the last sale. So good.

I love the ryj belis tho, super mild and just that great romeo profile. Great for a study time smoke.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ya no I had to blow it up on my phone, the micro code wasn't the issue it was the verification generator on the Habano's site. I guess I wasn't reading the letters/numbers correctly or I wasn't inputting them correctly.
You gotta verify on PC. Its bugged on mobile