What's new

Show/List your latest NC Purchase

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
E.P. Carrillo INCH No. 60 Maduro ... smallest RG of the lot! haha.

This line makes me so sad. I think Ernesto is making incredible cigars, and the Federal No. 4s are some of my absolute favorite NCs at the moment. And yet he has nothing (or almost nothing) in his regular production under 50 RG. And now this, everything 60+?

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

This line makes me so sad. I think Ernesto is making incredible cigars, and the Federal No. 4s are some of my absolute favorite NCs at the moment. And yet he has nothing (or almost nothing) in his regular production under 50 RG. And now this, everything 60+?
A big +1. I'm telling myself to boycott them on principle alone! ;)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0

A big +1. I'm telling myself to boycott them on principle alone! ;)
All business is market-driven. Tons of people like the fat cigars, it's that simple. And I think nearly every EPC line has a cigar under 50rg, except the Elencos.

But as far as my preferences go, I agree with you guys. I'd REALLY like to see Ernesto put out some lanceros or at least lonsdales!

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
All business is market-driven. Tons of people like the fat cigars, it's that simple. And I think nearly every EPC line has a cigar under 50rg, except the Elencos.

But as far as my preferences go, I agree with you guys. I'd REALLY like to see Ernesto put out some lanceros or at least lonsdales!
Of course it's market-driven. But that doesn't mean that producers understand their target markets infallibly. I was at Draper's Bethesda when Ernesto and his son visited and he gave a talk. I asked how many guys in the room (about 40-50) would buy a lancero from Ernesto and about 3/4 raised their hands. Draper's is no doubt a specialty retailer that is not representative of the country, but I do wish they'd do a short run or some other limited release with that in mind.

I did however overlook the fact that the core lines all have a no. 4 and sometimes a 46rg cigar in them. For whatever reason, I don't see those in stock many places.

Damoba

Dan, Dan the Cigar Man
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked these up back in my home town. They have a small little b&m in Lafayette IN called Crossroads. They had a few things I had never heard of. I saw Opus X Lost City for 36 a stick I've had one and they were good, they are to rich for my blood. I saw a box of big Bolivar sticks both in glass tubos and cello, has anyone tried these? Are they good? I enjoyed the cc bolivar pc but wanted to know if the Nc was anygood. Thanks.

Attachments

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Another B&M stop today. :)

AF Hemi Sig
LFD Cameroon Cabinet
La Aurora 107
NHC Sumatra
Illusione Mj12
LFD Coronado
Grimalkin Torpedo
Emilio AF1
Cabaiguan Guapos Natty
7-20-4

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the Alec Bradley 10 pack last week, finally resting in the new humidor. :) Can't wait to try the Family Blend, and the Tempus is one of my favorite sticks from them.

0903121412.jpg