What's new

Show us your deer slayer...

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Its almost that time of year again.. time to take your favorite hunting rifle to the range, confirm zero.. and put a few practice rounds downrange before hitting the deer woods....

Im thinking this will be the rifle I tote around with me most of this year.. just planning on going after some TN whitetail.. and might do a weekend or two chasing boar again this year..

ruger .308 with a boyds laminate stock.. otherwise pretty much an out of the box rifle (no custom work)..

Last year I went "heavy" and either carried my 7mm WSM or .45-70 on each trip to the woods...

Anyone else here planning on putting a little venison in the freezer this year?

Whatcha totin?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ive been saying for the past 5 years I was going to get out and either do some dove or quail hunting next season...

then the next season comes and goes and I never get around to making it happen...

I need to put some effort into it this year..

Dove has been open here for a few weeks already.. but there is still quite a bit of the season left (last day is in the first week of January).. and Quail runs November to Feb..

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I use my trusty Winchester 1300 shotgun. I always hunt in a zone that only allows shotgun or muzzleloader. The 1300 has always done well for me. Also great for waterfowl and upland birds. Great all-purpose shotgun! Here's a pic of one (not mine but exactly like it)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
love that redhawk!

Have thought several times about getting a super blackhawk in .44 mag for hunting.. would love to add one to the arsenal..

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I have both. Prefer the redhawk. The Super Blackhawk has 10 1/2 inch barrel but it can't handle my hand loaded hunting round. The Redhawk eats that round with groups you can cover with a quarter at 25 yards unsupported.

For some reason I just can't dial it in on the SB. I was gonna have it cut down and ported but never did. Just carry the Redhawk inatead.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Only deer I ever killed was in a truck that looked similar to this one. Ford Ranger when I was 17. It jumped in front of me from a corn field and never had a chance.

I have been hunting on my parents property but never pulled the trigger. Guess I was always waiting for the next one.