What's new

Show us your deer slayer...

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I usually hunt first gun season in Iowa, but that is not until the first week of December. All of IA is shotgun, handgun, or muzzle loader only. This despite the DNR telling me there is no evidence that rifles are less safe. Sigh.

Anyhow, I tote an 870 Wingmaster with an after market Mossberg rifled barrel. I affectionately call it my Remberg. This shotgun is the first I ever purchased, circa 1987. It is still in great shape. The barrel is a more recent addition.

It sports a Burris Fullfield II scope on a cantilever. I run Hornady SST slugs through it. I'll be pulling it out for confirming zero over the next week or two. I'll try to get a pic up then.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I usually hunt first gun season in Iowa, but that is not until the first week of December. All of IA is shotgun, handgun, or muzzle loader only. This despite the DNR telling me there is no evidence that rifles are less safe. Sigh.

Anyhow, I tote an 870 Wingmaster with an after market Mossberg rifled barrel. I affectionately call it my Remberg. This shotgun is the first I ever purchased, circa 1987. It is still in great shape. The barrel is a more recent addition.

It sports a Burris Fullfield II scope on a cantilever. I run Hornady SST slugs through it. I'll be pulling it out for confirming zero over the next week or two. I'll try to get a pic up then.
If you are looking to try something new, take a look at the savage 220. Illinois is shotgun / muzzle loader only too. The 220 has an amazing trigger and shots flat out to supposedly 200yds. (I'm good to about 175) With preferred slugs, I was able to get a 1"group at 100yds. I'll try to take a pic if I get a chance.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If you are looking to try something new, take a look at the savage 220. Illinois is shotgun / muzzle loader only too. The 220 has an amazing trigger and shots flat out to supposedly 200yds. (I'm good to about 175) With preferred slugs, I was able to get a 1"group at 100yds. I'll try to take a pic if I get a chance.
In retrospect, I wish I had looked into the 220. Sounds like a heck of a shotgun. More like a big bore rifle.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
In retrospect, I wish I had looked into the 220. Sounds like a heck of a shotgun. More like a big bore rifle.
Looks like my memory was a little off. I found the target from when I first shot the 220. It was just under 1.5" for a 3 shot group at 100yds. The last 2 shots from that box are on the lower right target and are right on top of each other.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Looks like my memory was a little off. I found the target from when I first shot the 220. It was just under 1.5" for a 3 shot group at 100yds. The last 2 shots from that box are on the lower right target and are right on top of each other.
Nice work!

Zclassy1

If it's worth doing, It's worth doing right.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
holy smokes had no idea a slug would reach out that far!