122   0   0
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Why would Dave want to kill Dave?

:D
Now thats just offside haha

Thats an amazing looking gun. Don't have any pictures of my deer killer. I won't be able to hunt for at least another couple years (almost impossible to get a license here in Germany) but my Hoyt Carbon Element RKT has been my "go to" deer killer the last 4 years.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Poor deer, is any of it left after you shoot it?

Beautiful rifle though.
Actually Jesse there is less damage to the deer than with the high velocity cartridges. That ball is moving at about 800 fps or so compared to 3000 fps or greater for the high velocity typical deer cartridge. It does provide major knockdown power. I have never had a deer take a step. On the other hand I have had deer run for hundreds of yards after being hit with a perfect kill shot from a high velocity rifle.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Actually Jesse there is less damage to the deer than with the high velocity cartridges. That ball is moving at about 800 fps or so compared to 3000 fps or greater for the high velocity typical deer cartridge. It does provide major knockdown power. I have never had a deer take a step. On the other hand I have had deer run for hundreds of yards after being hit with a perfect kill shot from a high velocity rifle.
This is exactly why I like .45-70..

huge bullet.. traveling at relatively low speed... (350 gr bullets @ about 1250 fps out of my little 16" shorty.. )..

Knocks them to their knees every single time...

Never had a deer or a boar move after being hit.. drops them right where they stand.. and the damage to the meat surrounding the wound channel is minimal...

That said.. I am super excited to take the .308 to the field this year.. gonna be fun!

:)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I screwed up not buying a Mosin about 6 months ago.. Buds Gunshop had about a dozen crates of them in the store.. $179 each...

I thought "they'll still be here next time... Ill pick one up then.."....

2 weeks later.. they were all gone..

Awesome rifles to "sporterize".. throw an aftermarket stock on them and some decent optics.. and you have a serious deerslaying boomstick for less than $600 all in... (with a plentiful, inexpensive ammo supply available)...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Are they available in a shorter barrel length?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

huge bullet.. traveling at relatively low speed... (350 gr bullets @ about 1250 fps out of my little 16" shorty.. )..

Never had a deer or a boar move after being hit.. drops them right where they stand.. and the damage to the meat surrounding the wound channel is minimal...

That said.. I am super excited to take the .308 to the field this year.. gonna be fun!

I need to put this to hunting use someday soon.

My 1895 GBL. I also have the regular 1895G.

Zclassy1

If it's worth doing, It's worth doing right.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I hit a deer once in the throat with a 45-70 and I spent the rest of the day tracking him down the side of a mountain, he was still alive when I found him, me and my partner had to drag his ass up the hill about 1000 feet, one of our more memorable hunts to date.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk