What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Oh yeah, before I was derailed i got on here because I picked up a "gift" box of ZAYA. Yaaaay me! Finally got someone within two hour o order the stuff! Comes with two tumblers, sorry too drunk to post pics. . .

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/23/erymu6av.jpg[/IG]
Oh, yeah..[/QUOTE]

Where the hell did you find that Devil's cut shooter!!??? Been looking forward to trying the stuff just can't find anything less than a fifth! Gawddammit![/QUOTE]

Totally worth the fifth. It is deceptively good.
I know we're not supposed to like stuff under X amount of dollars, or with the Jim Beam tag. But, the Devil's Cut is quite good - especially for the price.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I picked this up yesterday while hunting for other stuff. It was priced as this years small batch release and not the barrel proof release of last year. Needless to say, got it for close to half off.

Never seen that one on the shelf. You're a bad mofo Cliff! :D

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Got dome beer today.

The grumpy is expensive at 19.99 a bottle but it was barreled for 18 months and limited. Once it's gone that's it. I gave 4 now and may grab a couple more. Plus I have loved everything from Westbrook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
^^ James how was this? I saw some the other day.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Rating - 100%
127   0   0

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I just picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon and am really enjoying it. Although I do drink it straight up with a giant ice ball, I've also created a drink I've called "The Wet Plate" (being a photographer and all). It's a take on the Old Fashioned:
  • 3 parts bourbon (go big or go home)
  • 1 sugar cube
  • Fee Brothers'™ Peach Bitters
  • 1 fresh orange wedge
  • 1 brandied cherry

Put the sugar cube in the glass and drench it with 14-15 drops of the bitters (you can also use regular sugar). Squeeze the juice from the orange wedge into the glass, add the bourbon, and then stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Then peel off two or three strips of the rind from the orange, put it in the glass, garnish with the cherry and add ice (again, I like using a 2½" ice ball).

I really like it with a Fuente Hemingway.

View attachment 36617
Interesting, buddy of mine shared a drink recipe with me last week.

California Slim

3 parts whisky
1 part Peach Simple Syrup

It was a little strong so I used a little sprite to make it more palatable!
I was nice and buzzed after one drink! :D

It should also be noted that I was using Willett Family Reserve Rye! I can't
drink that straight, or with a couple of cubes! Too damn strong! Smh

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Although I do drink it straight up with a giant ice ball.....

View attachment 36617
:

Could be common knowledge to most but since I learned only earlier this year, may help someone...if you want to make ice balls for your whiskey (less surface area, melts much slower)...

Fill up a water balloon, stick it in your freezer for 24 hours.

They sell ice ball makers upwards of $1,000...but that is crazy talk unless you own a bar and want it for the presentation. Just buy some water balloons.

There will be a tiny, barely noticeable flat surface where the ball sits, but the rest will be a near perfect sphere.

Presto.
Go to Marshall's Department Store you should be able to find Silicon Molds for $8-10 dollars! I have two
rounds, and a couple of weeks ago I found some square molds! :applause

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/23/erymu6av.jpg[/IG]
Oh, yeah..[/QUOTE]

Where the hell did you find that Devil's cut shooter!!??? Been looking forward to trying the stuff just can't find anything less than a fifth! Gawddammit![/QUOTE]

Totally worth the fifth. It is deceptively good.
I know we're not supposed to like stuff under X amount of dollars, or with the Jim Beam tag. But, the Devil's Cut is quite good - especially for the price.[/QUOTE]

Curious, what is it about the devils cut that you like? I split a bottle with a buddy of mine back in
June. I wouldn't but it again. *shrugs*

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Although I do drink it straight up with a giant ice ball.....

View attachment 36617
:

Could be common knowledge to most but since I learned only earlier this year, may help someone...if you want to make ice balls for your whiskey (less surface area, melts much slower)...

Fill up a water balloon, stick it in your freezer for 24 hours.

They sell ice ball makers upwards of $1,000...but that is crazy talk unless you own a bar and want it for the presentation. Just buy some water balloons.

There will be a tiny, barely noticeable flat surface where the ball sits, but the rest will be a near perfect sphere.

Presto.
Go to Marshall's Department Store you should be able to find Silicon Molds for $8-10 dollars! I have two
rounds, and a couple of weeks ago I found some square molds! :applause
I use these....

P1040122.jpg

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Got dome beer today.

The grumpy is expensive at 19.99 a bottle but it was barreled for 18 months and limited. Once it's gone that's it. I gave 4 now and may grab a couple more. Plus I have loved everything from Westbrook.

I just had one yesterday. The Citrus Ninja Exchange was purely awesome. To me, it was like a zombie dust on roids. Definitely worth picking one up or all of them up :grin:

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Got dome beer today.

I just had one yesterday. The Citrus Ninja Exchange was purely awesome. To me, it was like a zombie dust on roids. Definitely worth picking one up or all of them up :grin:
Agree, it really is that good!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk