What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I got this 12 year aged Americano today. Tasted aweful by the way starbucks sucks in Phoenix.

Just kidding though. I grabbed some Revel Stoke. Its cheap. But I have been wanting to try it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I just picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon and am really enjoying it. Although I do drink it straight up with a giant ice ball, I've also created a drink I've called "The Wet Plate" (being a photographer and all). It's a take on the Old Fashioned:
  • 3 parts bourbon (go big or go home)
  • 1 sugar cube
  • Fee Brothers'™ Peach Bitters
  • 1 fresh orange wedge
  • 1 brandied cherry

Put the sugar cube in the glass and drench it with 14-15 drops of the bitters (you can also use regular sugar). Squeeze the juice from the orange wedge into the glass, add the bourbon, and then stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Then peel off two or three strips of the rind from the orange, put it in the glass, garnish with the cherry and add ice (again, I like using a 2½" ice ball).

I really like it with a Fuente Hemingway.

View attachment 36617
Interesting, buddy of mine shared a drink recipe with me last week.

California Slim

3 parts whisky
1 part Peach Simple Syrup

It was a little strong so I used a little sprite to make it more palatable!
I was nice and buzzed after one drink! :D

It should also be noted that I was using Willett Family Reserve Rye! I can't
drink that straight, or with a couple of cubes! Too damn strong! Smh
I just wrote that recipe down. Peach goes really well with bourbon (or, at least, I think so). I wonder if I can find Apple Bitters...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Saw this in the store and it interested me enough to buy it. Kind of expensive ($55) for something I haven't tried...

Low Gap Wheat Whiskey is made by Crispin Cain, an apprentice of Hubert Germain-Robin, using 100% malted Bavarian wheat. Following a controlled, dry fermentation the beer is double distilled in an antique 16-hectoliter cognac still comes from the old Surrenne distillery. Originally, the still was intended for apple and grape spirits but they found it produced beautifully round, soft, elegant and complex whiskey. The whiskey is aged for a minimum of two years in three different types of barrels: new American oak, used Bourbon barrels (from Van Winkle), and used 350-liter Limousin oak barrels (formerly used for Germain-Robin brandy). After aging for a minimum of two years it is brought to proof using rainwater and bottled by hand.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Although I do drink it straight up with a giant ice ball.....

View attachment 36617
:

Could be common knowledge to most but since I learned only earlier this year, may help someone...if you want to make ice balls for your whiskey (less surface area, melts much slower)...

Fill up a water balloon, stick it in your freezer for 24 hours.

They sell ice ball makers upwards of $1,000...but that is crazy talk unless you own a bar and want it for the presentation. Just buy some water balloons.

There will be a tiny, barely noticeable flat surface where the ball sits, but the rest will be a near perfect sphere.

Presto.
Go to Marshall's Department Store you should be able to find Silicon Molds for $8-10 dollars! I have two
rounds, and a couple of weeks ago I found some square molds! :applause
I use these....

View attachment 36653
Got the same ones brotha! :eyebrow:

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Saw this in the store and it interested me enough to buy it. Kind of expensive ($55) for something I haven't tried...

Low Gap Wheat Whiskey is made by Crispin Cain, an apprentice of Hubert Germain-Robin, using 100% malted Bavarian wheat. Following a controlled, dry fermentation the beer is double distilled in an antique 16-hectoliter cognac still comes from the old Surrenne distillery. Originally, the still was intended for apple and grape spirits but they found it produced beautifully round, soft, elegant and complex whiskey. The whiskey is aged for a minimum of two years in three different types of barrels: new American oak, used Bourbon barrels (from Van Winkle), and used 350-liter Limousin oak barrels (formerly used for Germain-Robin brandy). After aging for a minimum of two years it is brought to proof using rainwater and bottled by hand.

So have you tried it yet? It sure sounds interesting but it could all just be a great sounding story and a mediocre drink. I am certainly intrigued by the story though and I'd probably buy one for my home selection if I saw it.