What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I love Zaya! I actually shipped 3 bottles of it back to Japan because I can't get it there :) Don't get me wrong, Havana Club is good stuff too, as is RZ23, but I think Zaya might be my favorite currently.
+1 Mine too! :ccowboy:
Same here, although the Ron Matsusalem is close (made with the Spirit of Cuba... out of the DR)... similar flavor profile to the Zaya but with a touch of citrus and oak IIRC.

On the topic of Rum, word has it that the Tommy Bahama restaurant in Vegas is currently undergoing efforts to maintain the world's widest selection of rums in one spot.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
orangedog said:
Same here, although the Ron Matsusalem is close (made with the Spirit of Cuba... out of the DR)... similar flavor profile to the Zaya but with a touch of citrus and oak IIRC.
My personal favorite right now, the 15 year is excellent.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hello Brothers!

I'm new to the forum but thanks to a birthday purchase over the weekend I got my first bottle of scotch: Glenfiddich 12

From what I understand it's pretty mainstream, and likely frowned upon by true afficionados, but I'm new to the hobby and it's the "fanciest" one I'd had before so I bought a full bottle.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
nice pick ups northernmoris... a couple classics.

the neck in the glenrothes is slightly... underfilled. what did you think of it?

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
nice pick ups northernmoris... a couple classics.

the neck in the glenrothes is slightly... underfilled. what did you think of it?
I've gone through a couple bottles of the glenrothes. It's right in my flavor profile for scotch. A little spicy, very slightly smokey, and a little vanilla from what I could tell. Dunno for sure, I just like the taste with scotch, but I'm not great at picking out flavors.

In any case, I'm a fan.

ama

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ohhh, if anyone has any of that pretty yellow Dark Lord to share I'd love to trade cash, cigars or beer for one. Thanks!

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

Funny story on the Pomerol... it is a 1994. I was walking through the isles looking for anything interesting, and they had a semi-vertical of Pomerol... 1994, 2000, 2003, 2005, and I think 2008. Anyways, right as I came across it, one of the employees happened upon me and asked if I needed help. I asked him about the 1994, as bottles with this much age aren't that common, at least at this shop. The bottle was covered in dust. He told me a little bit about it, and then mentioned the 2000 (which was an epic year, evidently). He also was telling me about a few other interesting bottles. At that point, I said that I'd just grab one of the 1994 bottles. As soon as I did, he said he was grabbing the other for himself... he was rather anxious.

Bottle didn't cost that much, and I know nothing about it although I'll probably do a little bit of reading online. Still, a 1994 wine from France sounds like something fun to try, even if it is a lower end wine.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Funny story on the Pomerol... it is a 1994. I was walking through the isles looking for anything interesting, and they had a semi-vertical of Pomerol... 1994, 2000, 2003, 2005, and I think 2008. Anyways, right as I came across it, one of the employees happened upon me and asked if I needed help. I asked him about the 1994, as bottles with this much age aren't that common, at least at this shop. The bottle was covered in dust. He told me a little bit about it, and then mentioned the 2000 (which was an epic year, evidently). He also was telling me about a few other interesting bottles. At that point, I said that I'd just grab one of the 1994 bottles. As soon as I did, he said he was grabbing the other for himself... he was rather anxious.

Bottle didn't cost that much, and I know nothing about it although I'll probably do a little bit of reading online. Still, a 1994 wine from France sounds like something fun to try, even if it is a lower end wine.
I think you may of done well if this is the right wine :
http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/chateau+lafleur+pomerol/1994
http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/chateau+gazin+pomerol/1994