What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
damn, i can't wait to make it to Austin
Heh... Too bad it's not today.

I've planned a North Austin dive-bar pub crawl for the afternoon/early evening. Put some money down on a van and a driver, and the tentative schedule includes enchiladas from the Dart Bowl, LaLa's, and Ginny's Little Longhorn...

Have a handful of Cain Daytona Coronas for passing out (pun intended), as well...

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Damn it I can't wait for you to get down here. We'll have to get some people together for a herf and some beer tasting!
Hell yea man

Heh... Too bad it's not today.

I've planned a North Austin dive-bar pub crawl for the afternoon/early evening. Put some money down on a van and a driver, and the tentative schedule includes enchiladas from the Dart Bowl, LaLa's, and Ginny's Little Longhorn...

Have a handful of Cain Daytona Coronas for passing out (pun intended), as well...
yea...you'll be passing out

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
grocery store had a sale going on... all wine 40% off, and if you bought 6 bottles over $20 each, it was an extra 10% off.

really wish I had a cellar built into my house... I would've picked up at least another 5 to 10 bottles. I left two bottles of the Cakebread on the shelves... this will be a great wine in 7-10 years, I think.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Damn!! cakebread cellars cabernet at 50% off. I wouldn't of left any bottles on the shelf...lol

Nice pick up.
I'm kind of kicking myself for not running around to all of the stores with the sale and picking them clean... but I don't have my cellar up and running and I only need to fill the shelves sooooo much...

...UNTIL we're walking out the door and my wife turns to me and says "I wouldn't have minded if you had bought a full year's allotment - at those prices it makes sense."

Why couldn't she have said that while I was in the isle!!!

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Picked this up to enjoy over the holiday weekend. Already half gone:frown:. Goes without saying, but pairs great with cigars and added to the experience.
One of my favorite "regular drinkers" and for pairing with cigars. If you can find the 17 yo RumCask, it is another great single malt. There are still a few bottles floating around.

No picture for me, but I picked up a 2003 Accordini Amarone and a 2009 Mollydooker Merlot (Scooter). The 2003 was popped when I got home... very good, especially at 15% ABV.

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I've failed to take pictures, however, Rogue Brewery's garage sale was this weekend in Newport, Or. Self control is something I seem to struggle with.
3 cases of Morimoto Soba Ale 22's (w/damaged boxes)
3 cases of Mexicali rogue, or chipotle ale, or whatever they call it 22's (in wrong label bottles)
1 case imperial red in the wee little bottles
1 case double mocha porter 22s
-Dude
(hooray beer)

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I've failed to take pictures, however, Rogue Brewery's garage sale was this weekend in Newport, Or. Self control is something I seem to struggle with.
3 cases of Morimoto Soba Ale 22's (w/damaged boxes)
3 cases of Mexicali rogue, or chipotle ale, or whatever they call it 22's (in wrong label bottles)
1 case imperial red in the wee little bottles
1 case double mocha porter 22s
-Dude
(hooray beer)
well done!!! :thumbsup:

bet you were one happy camper once you got home!