What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Picked up 4 dfh 120's!

Stoked totry em
My locals have strict limits on HTF sales. It was 1 bottle per person on the 120 that was just released this morning at 10am, they had 24 bottles. I walked in at 10:01, got in line, 4 minutes later the worker said "last bottle here", 4-5 people in front of me walked out empty handed, when I moved forward I asked the worker if she said that's the last bottle being sold and she said yes, I stood there dumbfounded/pissed I wasted my time, then a minute later somehow I got the real last bottle! LOL Sucks for the 4-5 people that were in front of me who didn't get one, but I'll take it! I guess she didn't pull out the last bottle but was giving us all the warning there was only one left and everyone thought that was it and just left without confirming!

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Picked up a bottle of Bowmore 28yo bottled by Battlehill... figured a 28 year old Bowmore at $130 was hard to pass up. Tried a dram... pretty good - tons of fruit notes that are kind of in conflict with a bit of peat. Suspect this may be interesting in pairing with a few good cigars...

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Picked up a bottle of Bowmore 28yo bottled by Battlehill... figured a 28 year old Bowmore at $130 was hard to pass up. Tried a dram... pretty good - tons of fruit notes that are kind of in conflict with a bit of peat. Suspect this may be interesting in pairing with a few good cigars...

@ 130 it would get paired with more than just cigars!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
SmokingIsh dropped by the house yesterday with 4 bottles of 120min. IPA :crosseyed Now that's a friend! :blushlove

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0

Wow, I'd have done that for $130 too ... for a 28-year? nice.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Haven't bought a bottle of liqour in a while...and certainly have never driven over 25+ miles to a store to get one.....but they were able to hook me up with their last bottle of the Stagg, so you're damn right I went ;). I blame you guys for posting about it...lol.

The Balvenie happened cause I couldn't go all that way for just one bottle...that wouldn't be right.

Attachments

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The guys at Draper's are having their effect. Trying to add more cognac to the repertoire.

1738 is pretty good!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Haven't bought a bottle of liqour in a while...and certainly have never driven over 25+ miles to a store to get one.....but they were able to hook me up with their last bottle of the Stagg, so you're damn right I went ;). I blame you guys for posting about it...lol.

The Balvenie happened cause I couldn't go all that way for just one bottle...that wouldn't be right.
Cool! I'm still looking for a bourbon that I like as much as Scotch. WR is pretty good, as is Old Grandad, but maybe I should try Stagg sometime, that don't have it here.

And I really want to try that Balvenie Caribean Cask--again, haven't been able to find it here.

But don't weep for me, we do have plenty of HC rum, so that helps :)

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Cool! I'm still looking for a bourbon that I like as much as Scotch. WR is pretty good, as is Old Grandad, but maybe I should try Stagg sometime, that don't have it here.

And I really want to try that Balvenie Caribean Cask--again, haven't been able to find it here.

But don't weep for me, we do have plenty of HC rum, so that helps :)
What is WR bourbon?

I dont think Old grandad is in the same category as some of the newer small batch bourbons being released now aday.