What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

scotchNstogie

Crossbones 2011
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Cool! I'm still looking for a bourbon that I like as much as Scotch.

Have you tried Wasmunds Single Malt American Whisky? I am a huge fan of Glenmorangie and Balvenie, to give you a sense of where I am coming from. I have had Wasmunds a few time and it is pretty good, for something other than a scotch. It is from VA (The Copperfox Distillery) and I love the idea of supporting these guys who are breaking the American Whiskey Mold.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Haven't bought a bottle of liqour in a while...and certainly have never driven over 25+ miles to a store to get one.....but they were able to hook me up with their last bottle of the Stagg, so you're damn right I went ;). I blame you guys for posting about it...lol.

The Balvenie happened cause I couldn't go all that way for just one bottle...that wouldn't be right.
Funny with all our talks I had to open a new bottle yesterday. (the one I bought 2 months ago.) Come to find out the old dogs sold me a bottle from last year!!!!! Well it looks like Im going to have to pick up a 142.6 now!!!!!! :stretchgr

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Some very nice pick ups there... The hotel bar started carrying earthquake and I've fOund it to be a very reasonable daily drinker... Hard to go wrong with frank family, and while I haven't had the 06 paraduxx, that should be a good year! I also had the Muga on a trip in NYC, andit really piqued my interest in riojas. Well done! :thumbsup:

What is the all black label?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some very nice pick ups there... The hotel bar started carrying earthquake and I've fOund it to be a very reasonable daily drinker... Hard to go wrong with frank family, and while I haven't had the 06 paraduxx, that should be a good year! I also had the Muga on a trip in NYC, andit really piqued my interest in riojas. Well done! :thumbsup:

The all black label is the 2010 Orin Swift Cellars Abstract. Same image as the previous vintages, but in a textured black on black label.

Must have taken the idea from Pete... Or Viaje....

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
My order from a wine tasting I went to the other week came in yesterday.

]
Those Montepulcianos are fantastic. I drank a 2001 bottle not too long that I bought when I was in room in 2007. It could have aged even longer as it still had serious body and tannins to go a distance longer. It's one of my wife's favorite red styles and it was very enjoyable.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0

I've tried a couple bottles of Earthquake and the abv was waaaay to high for me.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
During a trip over the summer to Napa we rode bikes vineyard to vineyard, and came across Steltzner. They had a few good wines but their pool block was awesome! And 2006 in Napa was my type of year. So we bought a case - our first case purchase. It just arrived (they held it for shipping temps) - so very excited!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Thanksgiving Wine List

2010 Chateau Ste Michelle Eroica Riesling
Varietal: Riesling (Semi-Dry)
Region: Columbia Valley

2009 Benmarco Malbec
Varietal: Malbec
Region: Mendoza

2009 Ridge Lytton Springs
Varietal: Zinfandel/Petite Sirah
Region: Dry Creek Valley

2010 Saracco Moscato d'Asti
Varietal: Moscato
Region: d'Asti

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I enjoy the Erioca... its a Dr Loosen, correct?

AZCigarNut and I did a head to head... Idaho Reisling versus German Reisling. The Idaho took the nose by a mile, but the taste and finish went to Germany easily. FWIW.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I usually prefer a German riesling with a lot of minerality to any other kind of Riesling. But I love the acidity on the Eroica. It makes your mouth water after every sip. Eroica is actually a joint venture between Dr. Loosen and Chateau Ste Michelle out of Ch Ste Michelle's vineyards in Columbia Valley.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Wow...gotta admit...didn't expect to open this thread and see the last 3 posts referencing Reislings..

You guys know thats a chick wine right?

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow...gotta admit...didn't expect to open this thread and see the last 3 posts referencing Reislings..

Maybe considered that by some, but no one can deny it tastes great. Hate how wines, more so white wines and moscatos, are girl wines. The whites go great with fish, chicken, desert etc...reds with red meat ect...each wine paired with the right food is an art and is plain delicious.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

Ye of little faith, and from the great Pac NW no less! I know what will be added to a certain package headed your way...

Try a riesling with a cigar... awesome pairing!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Ye of little faith, and from the great Pac NW no less! I know what will be added to a certain package headed your way...

Try a riesling with a cigar... awesome pairing!
Don't you dare!..lol.

Next thing we'll be pairing a nice gewurztraminer with our Sir Winstons!

And I grew up in Walla Walla...Ive had my share of fantastic wines. Leonneti, Pepper Bridge, L'Ecole etc etc. Plenty of nice Whites coming from the Valley as well...but you won't hear me talk about that here...

Wait...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know about cigars and riesling. But a good acidic, semi-dry Riesling with thanksgiving dinner is an excellent white pairing. Ripe, fresh, almost like an unoaked Chardonnay but with a different set of flavors. I plan on drinking the Ridge Zin/Pet Sirah blend mostly personally.