What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I don't know about distribution but I went to Senaca Lake last year for Thanksgiving and we went to the Herman J. Weimer winery. That place makes some killer dry reislings. That wine making region has the terrior for whites but I didn't really find a whole lot of reds that suited my palette.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
If they could find some way to make wine taste a little more like something other than wine I might enjoy it. I'll stick with the spirits.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Don't you dare!..lol.

Next thing we'll be pairing a nice gewurztraminer with our Sir Winstons!

And I grew up in Walla Walla...Ive had my share of fantastic wines. Leonneti, Pepper Bridge, L'Ecole etc etc. Plenty of nice Whites coming from the Valley as well...but you won't hear me talk about that here...

Wait...
Washington does have some great whites, especially on the semi-sweet level, which both my wife and I like a lot.

BTW, Kyle, my in-laws live in Bellevue. Next time I'm there (might be a couple years, lol), I'll let you know beforehand and we'll have to get together!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
These are some of the more notable beers I've bought in the past month or so. I wish I could get more Firestone 15th Anni. and even some of the 14th Anni. if there are any lying around anywhere.

Not my own pics

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
These are some of the more notable beers I've bought in the past month or so. I wish I could get more Firestone 15th Anni. and even some of the 14th Anni. if there are any lying around anywhere.

Not my own pics

"Bitch please" was that any good

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
"Bitch please" was that any good
It was a solid B... I love Barley Wines and love beers aged in barrels (wine, single malt, bourbon, etc.) Just like cigars, I had to grab one to try just to say I did :grin: Now, the $13 pricetag is another thing that will vary person to person and effect how one views this beer as well.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I see a lot of Michael David wines and Orin Swifts. ABV on these are waayyyy tooo high for me most of the time, but I do enjoy one here and there. Its like having junk food but in a wine way. My wife's blood system is made up of approximately 50% red blood cells and 50% "Rapture" by Michael David Winery (hits in the >16.5% abv!).

Personally, I will be drinking dry sherry with Thanksgiving and ending with a Solera Sherry from Bodega de Mitchell from Texas (incredible).

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I've found Amarone to be a GREAT option for steak and cigars...! This was paired with an Italian style NY.

Amarone's are probably my number 2 type of wine behind the full CA cabs.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
This weeks purchase:

2009 Braida Barbera d'Asti Montebruna
2010 Saint Siffrein Chateauneuf du Pape
2008 John Duval Entity

,......and a slew of 2009 Bordeaux from outlying regions. '09 was an incredible vintage for outlying regions of Bordeaux, especially the Graves.

2009 Haut-Surget (Lalande-de-Pomerol)
2009 Chateau Martinat rouge (Cotes de Bourg)
2009 Chateau Peybonhomme Les Tours (Cotes de Blaye)
2009 Chateau La Grolet (Cotes de Bourg)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
,......and a slew of 2009 Bordeaux from outlying regions. '09 was an incredible vintage for outlying regions of Bordeaux, especially the Graves.

2009 Haut-Surget (Lalande-de-Pomerol)
2009 Chateau Martinat rouge (Cotes de Bourg)
2009 Chateau Peybonhomme Les Tours (Cotes de Blaye)
2009 Chateau La Grolet (Cotes de Bourg)
Great call on the 2009 Bordeaux!! Some of those would be really nice on Thanksgiving.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I made a beer run Saturday and picked up 7 pint bottles:

Bruery - 4 Calling Birds, it's their 4th Christmas beer as they are following the 4 days of Christmas theme.

Bruery - Autumn Ale, they use yams instead of pumpkin. I had it last year and it's a great beer...I hate yams btw.

Mikkellar - Chipotle porter.

Laughing Dog - The Dogfather.

Rogue - John John Hazelnut Brown ale

He'brew - Reunion ale 2011. It's a collaboration beer with Terrapin. The donate money from sales of this beer to bone cancer research...I picked up 2 bottles.