What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
County put on a bourbon event the last 2 days. Couldn’t go yesterday but camped out at 3:15am today with @jcolan1 and was able to score some ORVW10. Had 100 bottles for the first 100 people. One dude camped out since 3pm yesterday cuz they had some other allocated stuff too. Also picked up a BT single barrel store pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Like @marshall9779, I camped out list night starting at 3:15AM to land an ORVW at retail. Also grabbed a Old Weller Antique. Had to exercise some great restraint, as I could have also grabbed Parker’s Heritage Orange Curaçao aged, or Michters 10.

I also camped out the night before starting at 4:00AM for a first come first serve, 1 bottle limit, choice of allocated bottles (see picture below). I went so early hoping to land a Four Roses 130th but missed it by 4 people so went with the Yellowstone Limited 2018 and an OWA.

I brought my dad along and he ended up grabbing ORVW, OWA, Buffalo Trace store pick, Old Fitzgerald 9yr, and won the on-site lottery for a bottle of George T. Stagg. He has the worlds best luck when it comes to bourbon lottos. Was pretty pumped when he told me he would sell me the George T Stagg for cost.

My pick ups minus the George T Stagg and one bottle of OWA I already put away as I prep for a kids birthday party:

The items available to choose from after camping out on Friday night:

Picture of the camping situation Friday night (lots of people were behind us.

I’m a bit tired, and my feet hurt, but it was a fun experience, landed some great bourbon, and met some cool people. Yes I might be a bit crazy.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That stagg is quite a score. Its "the one that got away" for me. Got pretty much all the other stuff I wanted this year, but missed out on my favorite...

Congrats!
Thanks. I’ve never had a pour so I’m looking forward to cracking it open. Here is mine and my dad’s combined score from this past week (but only one bottle of Stagg between us, just was in his photo of all the bottles he landed and then in mine of all the bottles I ended the week with)

His:

Mine:

Passed on the Parker’s Heritage orange curaçao finish, but was talking to a guy in line who ended bringing me a sample. Pour some last night; good with a very interesting orange vanilla finish. Haven’t had any other Parker’s to compare it to tho.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Big thanks to. @Pennywise827 for the opportunity, and @gurgalunas for being my mule.

I don't know much about this except it came from a bourbon club in KC who actually picked it up in Bardstown, but who cares? It's mine!!!! Gonna crack it as my 1st sip for my 50th in March.
IMG1276575673447224898.jpg

Attachments

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Big thanks to. @Pennywise827 for the opportunity, and @gurgalunas for being my mule.

I don't know much about this except it came from a bourbon club in KC who actually picked it up in Bardstown, but who cares? It's mine!!!! Gonna crack it as my 1st sip for my 50th in March.
View attachment 129465
I’m a big fan of the 1792 Full Proof picks that I’ve tried, so one that was picked by a member here is pretty cool. Also a fan of RDR2 lol.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Picked this up today on recommendations from you guys. Looked for the barrel proof at a couple different stores but no luck. I’m new to to bourbon, other than like Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Maker’s and the others, looking forward to trying the good stuff. (y)
CDA6EAB5-D141-4573-A8E7-9B0CC5AA2D90.jpeg
I also saw several bottles of the Heaven Hill 6yr old, did I read on here that’s it’s getting hard to find or something? I didn’t grab any, but could go back if it’s worth it. Thanks.

Jody

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Picked this up today on recommendations from you guys. Looked for the barrel proof at a couple different stores but no luck. I’m new to to bourbon, other than like Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Maker’s and the others, looking forward to trying the good stuff. (y)
View attachment 129611
I also saw several bottles of the Heaven Hill 6yr old, did I read on here that’s it’s getting hard to find or something? I didn’t grab any, but could go back if it’s worth it. Thanks.

Jody
Just opened a bottle of this last night. Good stuff!!!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0

Jody
The HH6 Bottled-in-bond is the one that's disappearing. Its the white label version, not the green label. Worth stocking if under $15-18, but the price is being inflated due to scarcity. It's not that special when compared to $25-30 bourbons like EC, BT, ER, etc.

Last edited: