What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
View attachment 130563 Stopped by a new liquor store. Huge selection compared to my local place. It was between this a bottle of diplomaticos and a bottle of nikka coffey malt.
1920 is awesome... But diplomaticos is so damn good... Damn now I need to crack mine open tonight!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Nice. I’ve heard really good things about the stuff New Riff is putting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've heard the New Riff referenced before, but it's not in the KC market, so never seen or tried. I think that is the same distillery that sourced some great MGP juice and bottled as OKI a few years back. Big hit. I think the New Riff is their own spirits finally coming of age. Interested to hear how it drinks...

And the rye too. LMK what you think...

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've heard the New Riff referenced before, but it's not in the KC market, so never seen or tried. I think that is the same distillery that sourced some great MGP juice and bottled as OKI a few years back. Big hit. I think the New Riff is their own spirits finally coming of age. Interested to hear how it drinks...

And the rye too. LMK what you think...
Yeah they put out OKI before their own stuff. Never tried OKI but people raves about it. I haven’t seen New Riff here in MD either. Hopefully it makes it way out here soon.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Not to change the subject on y’all, but if anyone comes across a bottle of Blackened Whiskey and would be willing to send it to me I would be in your debt forever. I would of course pay for it and make it worth your while. Or, if there’s something available here in KY that you can’t get maybe we could work out a trade. Thanks.

Jody

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yeah they put out OKI before their own stuff. Never tried OKI but people raves about it. I haven’t seen New Riff here in MD either. Hopefully it makes it way out here soon.

I never got to try OKI, but have a number of Smooth Ambler Old Scout that were from the MGP stocks, before they switched to their own spirit for the blends, and Dickel for the more recent SiB releases. The old MGP stuff is fantastic...

Also have some of the Belle Meade SiB that were MGP. Also very good.

Too bad all of that aged MGP stuff is long gone. Only place you can get it these days are the high-end Remus releases. Those are good, but waaaay more expensive.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I never got to try OKI, but have a number of Smooth Ambler Old Scout that were from the MGP stocks, before they switched to their own spirit for the blends, and Dickel for the more recent SiB releases. The old MGP stuff is fantastic...

Also have some of the Belle Meade SiB that were MGP. Also very good.

Too bad all of that aged MGP stuff is long gone. Only place you can get it these days are the high-end Remus releases. Those are good, but waaaay more expensive.
The Smooth Amber Old Scout cask strength bottles were awesome. I had a few of them but went through them way quicker than I should have. Kind of wish I picked a few up to save for rainy days lol. I’ve seen Belle Meade but haven’t tried it. I’ll keep an eye out for the SiB.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The Smooth Amber Old Scout cask strength bottles were awesome. I had a few of them but went through them way quicker than I should have. Kind of wish I picked a few up to save for rainy days lol. I’ve seen Belle Meade but haven’t tried it. I’ll keep an eye out for the SiB.
Yeah, the Belle Meade SiB are cask strength MGP at 10 or 11 yrs, usually as store picks. Not sure if still produced, but might find some still lingering on a lonely shelf. A store in KC bought up cases of the stuff when it started to get scarce. Seems like they were asking $75, but I already had a couple in the bunker bought cheaper. Not sure if any are left.

I think I still have 5-6 SAOS that date to MGP days...

@Jody I'll check on the Blackened tomorrow. What price range is reasonable? No idea what it should cost...

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yeah, the Belle Meade SiB are cask strength MGP at 10 or 11 yrs, usually as store picks. Not sure if still produced, but might find some still lingering on a lonely shelf. A store in KC bought up cases of the stuff when it started to get scarce. Seems like they were asking $75, but I already had a couple in the bunker bought cheaper. Not sure if any are left.

I think I still have 5-6 SAOS that date to MGP days...

@Jody I'll check on the Blackened tomorrow. What price range is reasonable? No idea what it should cost...
Retail is $40-45 for a fifth. I’d give as much as $60 I reckon. Thanks for checking for me.

Jody