What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Yes, glad to see the Abyss 2011s hitting the shelves! I'm wondering how the 2008s, 2009s, and 2010s are holding up...

I'll have to check to see if these are available near me yet!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes, glad to see the Abyss 2011s hitting the shelves! I'm wondering how the 2008s, 2009s, and 2010s are holding up...

Had a 2010 the other night & it was really good! Most 2009 seem to be infected. Wish I had some '07 & '08.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0

Had a 2010 the other night & it was really good! Most 2009 seem to be infected. Wish I had some '07 & '08.
I can only vouch for the quality of the 2010, and I too have heard about the bad batch of 09 (although it wasn't all of it). Haven't seen nor tried anything 09 or older, but I was very pleased w/ how the 2010 turned out a year later. There's not hardly any vertical tasting reviews when I looked, and none w/ the 2011 yet (although everything I've seen has been impressive thus far for this years batch)....but here's one I took a look at a while back that has the 2007-2010: http://thebeercave.blogspot.com/2010/12/2010-deschutes-abyss-release.html

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
That bourbon buy still boggles my mind! I've never seen any of those bottles around here except the Parkers Heritage. And that is one fine bourbon!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
holy crap, how did you score those bourbons?!?! you had to kill a guy, right? seriously, there is not enough of that stuff IN KENTUCKY, and you score it in washington state?

dead impressed here. hat's off to you and your bourbon palate!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Howdy All:

Regarding the Pappy and the BTAC, I have been talking to store owners and buying other booze from them to make sure i could get some when they got theirs. I was lucky enough to find the PHC Wheater at a store that I was getting some of the Pappy from.

I also contacted the distributor to get an idea what stores around me would be getting some this year which was helpful. I have learned quite a bit about how liquor is distributed around me and have learned that some of the stores I used to frequent who would tell me they were ordering every week and when it came back to the state would get some were just wrong.

I have spent a lot of time driving around and stopping at various shops and getting to know the people who work there and it has been a fun time and I feel very fortunate this season.

There is something special about a great bourbon along with a great cigar.

Best regards, tony

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Picked up a few beers this evening:

Told the guy at the store that I'm into sours and like the Duchess. The Bitter & Twisted seems like it might wind up being very different, but good. Looking forward to the Rodenbach a lot. And the banana bread one just looked too good to pass up.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Picked up a few beers this evening:

Told the guy at the store that I'm into sours and like the Duchess. The Bitter & Twisted seems like it might wind up being very different, but good. Looking forward to the Rodenbach a lot. And the banana bread one just looked too good to pass up.
I once mixed that Banana Bread Beer with Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Quite tasty!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
that is the most beatuful thing i have seen in years. did not know the pappy was out in the stores yet. i have to find some. oh yes i need some.
Thank you.

There Facebook page says they shipped to Kansas on November 21st, good luck in your hunt. If you go to their website you can see who the distributor isin your area - www.oldripvanwinkle.com

Best regards, tony

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0

L to R

Squatters Outer Darkness
Ovila Dubbel (Sierra Nevada Collab)
Jester King Black Metal Imperial Stout x2
Stone Vertical Epic 11
Sam Adams Third Voyage
Sam Adams Tasman Red
Saint Arnold Sailing Santa

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
got some good birthday gifts today; received some cash and LCBO gift cards so I went to Queens Quay to check out their new tasting tower.

Someone returned 2 bottles of Lagavulin 12 year old natural cask strength special release scotch that was bottled in 2003. *Bought them both and a bottle of highland park 18; *a good day