What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Just send me that voodoo, no use for you! Nice score, been looking for that one for awhile.
Hey Jose - I still have two bottles of that earmarked for you! Have them in my fridge... just never took the time to ship and dropped the ball.

Although, Rogue is now selling their remaining stock by the bottle... you can get it online at their store. If you aren't able to, I can still ship those two bottles.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Just spent a week in Portland... went through a bunch of samplers, hit up one Rogue location in Portland, both Rogue spots (restaurant and brewery) in Newport, Deschutes in Portland, and Lucky Lab in Portland.

Short list, but in order of preference, I would say:
1. Deschutes Portland
2. Rogue Brewery Newport
3. Rogue Restaurant Portland / Newport (if you take kids, the staff at the Newport location love kids!)
4. Lucky Lab

Deschutes was awesome - great food (especially the pretzel), awesome beer (with a ton of "Brewer's Creations" one-off local only beers), very good service
Rogue Brewery was also awesome - and just down the road from the Aquarium if you have kids. Awesome views of the harbor while eating good food. Only downside of Rogue is that they don't have any "special" one-off bottlings. Most of their stuff is available on shelves everywhere (i.e. Whole Foods).
The other two Rogue Restaurants are just like the restaurant at the brewery.
The only thing Lucky Lab had going for it was a selection of cask aged beers, but I had one and it was "meh". The food sucked. The bar area itself was pretty cool, no complaints there.

It was also Portland Beer Week, so Deschutes had a beer made in conjunction with Hopworks Urban Brewery (only drove by there, bummed I didn't spend any time there), an India Red Lager - but then they had some they put in the casks to make a cask aged India Red Lager... it was really good!

I didn't plan ahead on my shipping strategy, so I didn't know what I'd be able to send back. Turns out, there is a place there called "Portland Wine Storage" who can ship for you. Would highly recommend arranging anything through them.

So, I drank most of what I purchased there, but did have this sent home:

Awesome print that will hang in my home office / man cave.
Two bottles of Mogul Madness (Rogue) - all that was left at the brewery but the other Newport location had probably 2 or 3 cases. The other stores were also sold out. Stuff is dwindling in supply.
A Deschutes growler full (well, not quite anymore) of Extinction Stout - one of the Brewer's Creations!
A bottle of John John (Rogue)
A bottle of Old Crustacean (Rogue) from 2011

Wish I would've brought more home... also picked up a sweet Multnomah Falls beer stein / coffee mug

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Made a booze run today to diversify my liquor selection. I picked up a bottle of Cruzan White aged rum (whatever that really means), a bottle of Tequila forget brand but it's a white tequila, a bottle of St. Germain, and a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye. Who knows what I'll be making but I'll figure something out.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Bought a bottle of Jefferson Presidential 18yo for my dad today. Going to do a side by side along with some Pappy 23yr :grin:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I will try it tomorrow. Funny story about the Frangelic beer. It's not officially supposed to be released until next week. There was a liquor in SC that started selling it last week and wasn't supposed to. I ordered the 2 bottle limit since I it might not show up in my area. Beer Advocate forums had a post where somebody had a bottle on ebay and somebody paid $96 for a bottle...unbelievable!!! My philosphy is the same with cigars, I would rather trade a bottle of beer with somebody to try something I can't get where I live. I will post a review tomorrow or Monday.