What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Can't go wrong with either of those. A lot of the retailers here in Atlanta have
special single Barrels that they're selling right now. They each have their own
special characteristics and qualities. I'm sure this is a nationwide thing. It would
be great to get a bunch of guys together that love BT and everyone Bring a Bottle
or Two that you could only get in your city.

I had 101 (WT) for the first time two weekends ago. I was at a Bahama Breeze
so the selection wasn't great, but I enjoyed it head and shoulders over Makers Mark!
(It was somewhat complex with a small bite on the finish)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks!!!

More stuff to look for...

Rene'

Rene it's called Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. From what I understand its the 12yr
bottled straight from the barrel, no water added to reduce the alcohol content.
I paid 42, and i believe MSRP is $40. I'd never seen it before here in Atlanta.
I found it in a small obscure neighborhood package store. The owner said he
only received 6 bottles, it was fairly scare, and that was his last one so I bought
it. I went there trying to find the antique stuff but he doesn't receive that allocation.

The old Forester is called Birthday Bourbon. According to the card (Marketing Tabs on the shelf
at the liquor store) I'd read earlier in the week, it got really high ratings at last years
SF Spirits Competition. An employee at another shop who's a "Fellow Bourbon Head" told
me that it was delicious. When I found it at another shop, I didn't hesitate to buy it.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12069_10151880229702744_776679363_n.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]

Out of curiousity, how do you drink this? In Shots?[/QUOTE]

Noooooo. They even put a warning on the label that it is NOT meant to be drank alone. You're supposed to mix it with other things for it to be considered "safe" to drink.

I made Apple Pie out of it.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
http://25.media.tumblr.com/cde3fcfcebf2416737fe31e795ff65e3/tumblr_muu71wFwq51r88wgno1_500.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]

Can't go wrong with either of those. A lot of the retailers here in Atlanta have
special single Barrels that they're selling right now. They each have their own
special characteristics and qualities. I'm sure this is a nationwide thing. It would
be great to get a bunch of guys together that love BT and everyone Bring a Bottle
or Two that you could only get in your city.

I had 101 (WT) for the first time two weekends ago. I was at a Bahama Breeze
so the selection wasn't great, but I enjoyed it head and shoulders over Makers Mark!
(It was somewhat complex with a small bite on the finish)[/QUOTE]

That certainly sounds like a lot of fun.
I love both of these, especially for the price point.

WT 101 is great for when you want to "turn up the volume." I can see why it fueled HST the way it did. Though it might be the only bourbon I've had that I prefer with ice.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Went to check on a specific bottle for MoJo.....no luck for him, but I couldn't leave empty handed. :)

Can you Puhleez tell me how that Is? I was so tempted to pick up a bottle because it's
very reasonably priced, and it's 100 proof rye! (Not too many of those that I'm aware of)
I tried two fingers of it with two small ice cubes last night & I really liked it. Very full bodied whiskey with pronounced cinnamon & clove notes. Some bitter chocolate & unrefined honey sweetness on the finish. Highly recommended if you can grab it for around $30/bottle like I did. I'm a fan of other LDI rye whiskeys too (Bulleit rye & George Dickel rye are two of my favorites), so take that for what it's worth.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The Warlock is one if the best pumpkin brews out there! I am in Fort Stewart.
Voodoo
Agree 100%! Really liked the Warlock. Wasn't sure if I would or not - but thinking about picking up a few more!
I would definitely pick up some more. I have been going through the Pumpkins since my return. Warlock hold #1 right now. Let me know if you need some. I also can get some Heavy Seas Greater Pumpkin...it's bourbon aged

Voodoo

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12069_10151880229702744_776679363_n.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]

Out of curiousity, how do you drink this? In Shots?[/QUOTE]

Noooooo. They even put a warning on the label that it is NOT meant to be drank alone. You're supposed to mix it with other things for it to be considered "safe" to drink.

I made Apple Pie out of it.[/QUOTE]
A Bottle of everclear lasted me a whole term in college once. Take one double shot before going out to party, one or two beers while out, and boom. Now that's being frugal