What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm curious about the Campfire when you open it (or if you've had it before). Does the added Scotch give it peaty notes or anything else "Scotchlike"?
It definitely does have a peaty taste to it as it's made with Islay whisky, but its nowhere as stong as a Laphroaig or Ardbeg. The smokiness is very noticeable, it just doesn't have any of the iodine/bandaid taste to it. It is currently one of my favorite whiskeys and will grab a bottle of it anytime i can actually find it. If you enjoy both peated whisky and bourbon, the I'd say give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
It definitely does have a peaty taste to it as it's made with Islay whisky, but its nowhere as stong as a Laphroaig or Ardbeg. The smokiness is very noticeable, it just doesn't have any of the iodine/bandaid taste to it. It is currently one of my favorite whiskeys and will grab a bottle of it anytime i can actually find it. If you enjoy both peated whisky and bourbon, the I'd say give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
I appreciate the tasting notes! I've had several whiskeys I like from High West but unfortunately I'm not a big fan of peaty flavors. I'd seen Campfire at a couple local places this week and thought I'd ask someone who knows. (y)