What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I placed an order with LO on May 18th, and an order with WLT on May 31. I received both shipments today. The WLT order arrived several hours earlier....

Shipping from WLT was $37, and $14 from LO, for a similar amount of leaf. I live closer to Akron than I do to Connecticut.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I placed an order with LO on May 18th, and an order with WLT on May 31. I received both shipments today. The WLT order arrived several hours earlier....

Shipping from WLT was $37, and $14 from LO, for a similar amount of leaf. I live closer to Akron than I do to Connecticut.

Both by mail? $37 sounds like UPS. I know Don has trouble with his local post office refusing to ship baccy.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nicaragua Habano SecoNicaragua Condega Seco 2015 Cigar Filler Tobacco, 1lb
1​
HabaSeco14Nicaragua Condega Seco 2014 Cigar Filler Tobacco, 1lb
1​
DROLWRDominican Olor Wrapper
1​
CVBLCV Black Ligero
1​
PA Broadleaf Viso
1​
PDGHSPelo d’Oro Seco
1​

https://i.imgur.com/te9eCHZ.jpg
Both by mail? $37 sounds like UPS. I know Don has trouble with his local post office refusing to ship baccy.
WLT was "Priority Mail 2-day," the only option on offer. The LO was UPS ground, their cheapest option.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nicaragua Habano SecoNicaragua Condega Seco 2015 Cigar Filler Tobacco, 1lb
1​
HabaSeco14Nicaragua Condega Seco 2014 Cigar Filler Tobacco, 1lb
1​
1​
CVBLCV Black Ligero
1​
PA Broadleaf Viso
1​
PDGHSPelo d’Oro Seco
1​

https://i.imgur.com/te9eCHZ.jpg
I asked for a sample of the PdO ligero, but didn't get it. I got the PA Viso, Olor wrapper, and Black Ligero samples tho. Only 2 leaves per on the filler, which'll make it a tad hit-or-miss on getting a clue.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Don's shipping costs are awful. My last few orders have been from LO because of it.
I dunno what's going on. I am about equidistant from either supplier. I just now threw a couple pounds in the cart at each web store, just for a test, and got the identical computed 11.36 shipping cost via USPS priority.

So... beats me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christmas in June! Where the hell do I start!!?? Not quite sure what to do with the samples, 3-4 leafs each. If I am listening to the people in the know, I roll a sample and test by its self, but then the sample with mostly be gone. Not sure if I want to do a single Ligero test.. lol

Dominican Binder .5 lb
Nicaraguan Binder .5 lb
Mexican San Andres Wrapper .5 lb
Aged Dominican Ligero Olor Filler .5 lb
Aged Dominican Seco Olor Filler .5 lb
Aged Dominican Seco Piloto Cubano Filler .5 lb
Ecuadorian Seco Binder .25 lb
Aged Mexican San Andres Viso Filler .5 lb
Criollo 98 Seco 1 lb
CV Black Ligero sample
CV Vuelta Abajo Habano Seco sample

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Christmas in June! Where the hell do I start!!?? Not quite sure what to do with the samples, 3-4 leafs each. If I am listening to the people in the know, I roll a sample and test by its self, but then the sample with mostly be gone. Not sure if I want to do a single Ligero test.. lol

Dominican Binder .5 lb
Nicaraguan Binder .5 lb
Mexican San Andres Wrapper .5 lb
Aged Dominican Ligero Olor Filler .5 lb
Aged Dominican Seco Olor Filler .5 lb
Aged Dominican Seco Piloto Cubano Filler .5 lb
Ecuadorian Seco Binder .25 lb
Aged Mexican San Andres Viso Filler .5 lb
Criollo 98 Seco 1 lb
CV Black Ligero sample
CV Vuelta Abajo Habano Seco sample

View attachment 150363
Yay! Whata score! Yeah, it's difficult figuring out how to use those samples in a way that will give you a clue whether the leaf's worth buying or not, especially when you don't have a few blends you already love that you can swap the samples leaves into here and there....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen some people roll up a few leaves. Light them both and try them individually and then puff them together.

I think there’s a forum on here with people posting recipes. Might get some ideas that way.

I looked at cigars I like and bought leaf that was common in them. Then rolled some blends that way. I’m no expert just sharing some ideas I’ve used and had cigars that didn’t suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen some people roll up a few leaves. Light them both and try them individually and then puff them together.

I think there’s a forum on here with people posting recipes. Might get some ideas that way.

I looked at cigars I like and bought leaf that was common in them. Then rolled some blends that way. I’m no expert just sharing some ideas I’ve used and had cigars that didn’t suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I've seen those blend posts. I have a 24 page word doc filled with any 'blend' post I could find. My order that I received today was based on a few of those blends that I saw. lol

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey Marc, how'd that Golden Hair turn out? Try it? Like it?
The description on the WLT web site makes me want to splurge. Says: "Naturally sweet with notes of chocolate, leather, and cedar". Sounds like my kind of leaf ... and I like the other Cibao valley stuff.

Jeez, all that keeps me from buying is that I only wish I could live long enough to enjoy all the baccy I already have stashed.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It really might be something you may want to get. I got the seco and a sample of the ligero. The ligero is not so heavy and the seco is not so light. I'll say more flavor in there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Item #Description
Qty
CV PAFLCV PA Broadleaf Ligero
1​
CVVABDVuelta Abajo Binder 1 lb.
1​
CVPDOLPelo d’Oro Ligero
1​
1​

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow. I've never seen PA broadleaf primed and (I assume) fermented. It has a wonderful distinctive character air-cured. I wonder what it would do like this?

The Vuelta Abajo binder that I got some time back was just too physically weak to bind anything more than cotton candy, if that. Fine looking big leaves with zero strength to them. As tho it has been wetted and frozen, then thawed.

I'm loving the Pelo de Oro seco I'm running thru now. Truly fine burning, easy to work with, wholesome, & glowing with Hispaniola's finest flavors. Smokes excellent ROTT. Bought it on your recommendation, and it has really worked out.

I love the snurf of a touch of Olor in a gar. I wonder what aroma a wrapper would smudge? Sounds terrific.