What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BOTL it's a new guy again, I have some more questions if you guys would not mind answering. Is Blazen a good site to order from, and could someone list the sites in a simple order from best to worst in terms of like quality, service, and all around experience? 2. Has anyone used the Pa filler before and what kind of flavors to expect? Thanks for any info.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BOTL it's a new guy again, I have some more questions if you guys would not mind answering. Is Blazen a good site to order from, and could someone list the sites in a simple order from best to worst in terms of like quality, service, and all around experience? 2. Has anyone used the Pa filler before and what kind of flavors to expect? Thanks for any info.
I don't think Blazen is taking orders yet, so I would call first. I tried to order from there but they were restocking. As for PA leaf I enjoy on its own and it blends well with Nicaraguan leaf or just wrapped in Sumatra , I have yet to try it with Dominican. On its own I get Earth , dark brown sugar a bit of black pepper and as weird as this sounds sometimes celery seed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think Blazen is taking orders yet, so I would call first. I tried to order from there but they were restocking. As for PA leaf I enjoy on its own and it blends well with Nicaraguan leaf or just wrapped in Sumatra , I have yet to try it with Dominican. On its own I get Earth , dark brown sugar a bit of black pepper and as weird as this sounds sometimes celery seed.
Aromatic thanks for your response, I see you also have had the Columbian, do you think the Columbian would pair with the Pa, and Cameroon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aromatic thanks for your response, I see you also have had the Columbian, do you think the Columbian would pair with the Pa, and Cameroon
Thats a good question, I'm thinking it would. Let me throw a mix together and let you know. What are you more interested in , I have Cibao valley PA Ligero and regular PA Viso or a bit of both?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a good question, I'm thinking it would. Let me throw a mix together and let you know. What are you more interested in , I have Cibao valley PA Ligero and regular PA Viso or a bit of both?
Maybe a bit of both I'm just learning and trying to get into rolling. I am going to make my first purchase and trying to decide what to buy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resupply on some Nicaraguan Estelí & Jalapa filler and some extra binders on the top of the stack. Also, picked up some seed packs to attempt growing some leaf up here in Wisconsin. Packs are from LO. Forgot about Northern Seeds and remembered after I placed my order.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice! I'm really curious about the jalapa viso, mine should be in next week. Nice to see more Nicaraguan leaf available.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice! I'm really curious about the jalapa viso, mine should be in next week. Nice to see more Nicaraguan leaf available.
Agreed. I’ve done some Nica Puros that have turned out good. I can look up the blend notes here in a little bit if your interested

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes please!
So, I personally have not tried any of these blends, as currently I can roll way more than I can smoke. I’ll provide feedback at the end that some of my local buddies have given on any that stick out.

Nica Puro blends

Wrappers: LO Nicaraguan/ LO Nicaraguan CT
Binder: LO Nicaraguan
Filler:

1x LO Nic Estelí Ligero
2x LO Nic Jalapa Viso
1x WLT Nic Condega 2015 Seco

1x WLT Nic Condega Ligero
2x LO Nic Jalapa Viso
1x LO Nic Estelí Seco

1x LO Nic Jalapa Ligero
2x WLT Nic Condega Viso
1x LO Nic Estelí Seco

1x LO Nic Estelí Ligero
2x WLT Nic Condega Viso
1x LO Nic Jalapa Seco

Comments from buddies:
-#1 w/ Nica CT wrapper has good flavor
-#2 w/ Nica CT wrapper was a hit
-#3 w/ Nica CT wrapper was good
-#1 w/ Nica “Maduro” wrapper was delicious
-#2 w/ Nica “Maduro” wrapper “liked a lot”
-#3 w/ Nica “Maduro” seemed “dry & muted”

Kinda odd I haven’t heard anything that I have notes on for blend #4. Take the blend and feedback for what it’s worth, as everyone has different palates and enjoys different profiles. Personally, I have not tried the blend myself. I think I still have some that have been simmering/aging… if not, can roll up more.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I personally have not tried any of these blends, as currently I can roll way more than I can smoke. I’ll provide feedback at the end that some of my local buddies have given on any that stick out.

Nica Puro blends

Wrappers: LO Nicaraguan/ LO Nicaraguan CT
Binder: LO Nicaraguan
Filler:

1x LO Nic Estelí Ligero
2x LO Nic Jalapa Viso
1x WLT Nic Condega 2015 Seco

1x WLT Nic Condega Ligero
2x LO Nic Jalapa Viso
1x LO Nic Estelí Seco

1x LO Nic Jalapa Ligero
2x WLT Nic Condega Viso
1x LO Nic Estelí Seco

1x LO Nic Estelí Ligero
2x WLT Nic Condega Viso
1x LO Nic Jalapa Seco

Comments from buddies:
-#1 w/ Nica CT wrapper has good flavor
-#2 w/ Nica CT wrapper was a hit
-#3 w/ Nica CT wrapper was good
-#1 w/ Nica “Maduro” wrapper was delicious
-#2 w/ Nica “Maduro” wrapper “liked a lot”
-#3 w/ Nica “Maduro” seemed “dry & muted”

Kinda odd I haven’t heard anything that I have notes on for blend #4. Take the blend and feedback for what it’s worth, as everyone has different palates and enjoys different profiles. Personally, I have not tried the blend myself. I think I still have some that have been simmering/aging… if not, can roll up more.
Wow thanks, they all look like solid blends from the formula. I’ll try a couple of those myself when my tobacco comes in. I really wanna focus on making some really nice Nicaraguan forward blends . All I want now would be some more Ometepe Ligero and viso and some Esteli viso . I find that the LO can Condega Ligero can taste salty in a weird way but the WLT Condega ligero is awesome, just Potent

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Still waiting on a small order from LO placed a week ago that still hasn’t shipped. Checking LO and WLT inventory today to prep for a larger order and virtually all my staples are out of stock. Looks like it will be back to the blending table

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on a small order from LO placed a week ago that still hasn’t shipped. Checking LO and WLT inventory today to prep for a larger order and virtually all my staples are out of stock. Looks like it will be back to the blending table
My wait time has always been little daunting with LO. I’m not a fan of spending the $10 for faster processing or extra $$ for faster shipping. It’s usually 5 business days before the order gets processed. Then ~5 days before it hits my doorstep.

I’ve been considering on breaking up each filler lb from LO and sort them out by filler, binder, and potential wrappers. Haven’t done it yet, but it seems like a good idea to also get some of the excess moisture off the leaf and to help prevent molding from storing. Anyone else do this?

[mention]BrewinHooligan [/mention] I’ve been keeping my eyes on the WLT & LO inventory shown online and there hasn’t been much replenishment since Black Friday it seems. If I can recall correctly, last year about March/April time frame was when a larger inventory restock occurred. Perhaps, the leaf is still being processed or waiting for a driver to be picked up?

I’ve had to shift to other blends jotted down as well, based up leaf availability between the two places. WLT seems to have a decent amount of PABL, Pelo D’Oro, and Renee leaf types. I dig the Renee myself, but may be an interesting mix.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
My wait time has always been little daunting with LO. I’m not a fan of spending the $10 for faster processing or extra $$ for faster shipping. It’s usually 5 business days before the order gets processed. Then ~5 days before it hits my doorstep.

I’ve been considering on breaking up each filler lb from LO and sort them out by filler, binder, and potential wrappers. Haven’t done it yet, but it seems like a good idea to also get some of the excess moisture off the leaf and to help prevent molding from storing. Anyone else do this?

[mention]BrewinHooligan [/mention] I’ve been keeping my eyes on the WLT & LO inventory shown online and there hasn’t been much replenishment since Black Friday it seems. If I can recall correctly, last year about March/April time frame was when a larger inventory restock occurred. Perhaps, the leaf is still being processed or waiting for a driver to be picked up?

I’ve had to shift to other blends jotted down as well, based up leaf availability between the two places. WLT seems to have a decent amount of PABL, Pelo D’Oro, and Renee leaf types. I dig the Renee myself, but may be an interesting mix.
That t-13 viso at WLT is always a winner imo. I think I’ll never find a suitable replacement for the Nicaraguan habano seco as that hasn’t been available for a looong time

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That t-13 viso at WLT is always a winner imo. I think I’ll never find a suitable replacement for the Nicaraguan habano seco as that hasn’t been available for a looong time
I agree. That T-13 Viso is one of my top favorites. Very versatile and complements every blend I’ve put it in. Haven’t found a leaf yet that doesn’t work with it. The WLT Nic Habano Seco 2014 was outstanding! I was able to squirrel away a lb or 2 of it. The 2015 version does taste different in my opinion, but not in a bad way. In richness I think the 2014 has a little more of. Regardless, both are great. Stocked up on that 2015 also…. kinda funny… my most rolled blend has both the WLT T-13 & Nic Condega Seco. I add in the Black Ligero as well. All 3 together… w/ a BL binder, fantastic smoke.

Side note: That WLT ASP has been seeming to be a “fan favorite” as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BOTL, I had a quick question what would be some good suggestions of leaves from LO that would add the cream and vanilla to a blend?