What's new

Show Us Your Latest Record Setup Purchase?

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I bought it on eBay for $65 + shipping and I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never even used it. I turned it on once to make sure it worked and it did but it's been sitting on the record shelf ever since. It's from 1977 and in incredible condition so I'd sell it for $50 + shipping.
@sean sent me this way, @bwhite220 is your reciever still aval?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love vintage electronics and it can a great bang for the buck and have had many pieces over the years. I finally stopped trying to upgrade about 8 years ago. I still have my system, but don't listen to it as much as I used to. I even sold my tube collection about a year ago for some unknown reason.
My system:
2 McIntosh MC40 mono tube amps ( fully serviced 5 years ago)
Conrad Johnson PV10A tube preamp
Altec Model 17 Studio Monitors with 604-8G driver and upgraded Markwardt crossovers
Technics SP25 turntable with Audio Technica ATP-12T tone arm and Denon 103R cartridge
Since the Denon is a low output cartridge I use a custom built Step Up transformer.
The Technics table is the commercial version of a SL1200 with an upgraded tonearm.

It really is a nice system, but I rarely heat up the tubes any more. Just lost the interest after a life changing event in 2011.
A McIntosh tube amp is on my bucket list. Just need to win the lottery and I’ll be all set.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nice bump, @irratebass!

Here’s how I’m sitting as of right now.

Still have the AT-LP120 and I’m about to purchase a Sonos Play:5 that the turntable will plug into. Once that happens, the Technics S.A.-5170 receiver will become irrelevant in my setup.

I really want your receiver, and $50 is a good price. But I just don't need it.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Here is my current setup. A lot has changed since the last post.

We decided to move the setup from my office to the foyer. I built the cabinet to fit the space and leave room to grow. The middle shelves are adjustable so I have the top shelf fit for 45's and the bottom shelf can be adjusted for additional LPs as the storage becomes needed.

My wife prefers the older speakers instead of the Sonos Play:5 so I ended up buying some Sansui X6 speakers while I look for something better. I must say, these sound really good, though!

It's all hooked up through the Technics SA-5170 receiver that I was going to sell to @YodisMatt but found out the shipping costs would be insane (more than the price of the unit). It's a great receiver, but not that great of a receiver to justify the S+H costs.

Audio Technica LP-120 --> Technics SA-5170 --> Sansui SP-X6

Oh, and my wife made the “Now Playing” chalkboard sign hanging above it. I don’t love it but, she did let me move the equipment out of the office so... yay, compromise!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

We decided to move the setup from my office and into the foyer. So, I built this cabinet for room to grow. Also, my wife really likes the look of older speakers instead of the Sonos Play:5 so I ended up buying some Sansui X-6 speakers while I look for something better.

It also is hooked up through the Technics SA-5170 receiver that I did consider selling but found out the shipping costs would be insane.

And, my wife made the “Now Playing” chalkboard sign above it. I don’t love it but, she did let me move the equipment out of the office so... yay, compromise!

Looks like the 1970's has returned to 2018.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0

We decided to move the setup from my office to the foyer. I decided to build the cabinet to fit the space and leave room to grow. My wife prefers the older speakers instead of the Sonos Play:5 so I ended up buying some Sansui X6 speakers while I look for something better.

It's hooked up through the Technics SA-5170 receiver that I was going to sell to @YodisMatt but found out the shipping costs would be insane - more than the price of the unit. It's a great receiver, but not that great of a receiver to justify the S+H costs.

Audio Technica LP-120 --> Technics SA-5170 --> Sansui SP-X6

Oh, and my wife made the “Now Playing” chalkboard sign hanging above it. I don’t love it but, she did let me move the equipment out of the office so... yay, compromise!
I did your style, dude.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk