What's new

Show Us Your Latest Record Setup Purchase?

Xingpao

Tobacco Whore
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The higher up the food chain you get with audio, the better the subtle nuances start to come forward, not unlike tobacco.

A better foundation will absolutely produce better results, most especially when combined with a better catridge, tone arm, and on and on. The platter i use is acrylic.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Not directly related to the turntable but it's phase 1 of rolling out Sonos speakers throughout the entire house. Just picked up the Play:3 and set it up in my office. Sounds incredible!

Next will be adding this Sonos sound bar in the theatre room. Then picking up a Play:5 for the living room. Then I'll get the turntable tapped into the setup as well.

Very impressed by the large sound coming out of this thing!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Somewhere I have a rarely used Harman/Kardon turntable. Wonder if it's worth anything. Any clues vinyl crew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Somewhere I have a rarely used Harman/Kardon turntable. Wonder if it's worth anything. Any clues vinyl crew?

Maybe a couple hundo, depending on the model and conditions. Some of the grease gets gummy and needs to be cleaned - like on mine, the cue mechanism is slow to respond due some gumming. It could take a few minutes for the arm to drop completely...

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Maybe a couple hundo, depending on the model and conditions. Some of the grease gets gummy and needs to be cleaned - like on mine, the cue mechanism is slow to respond due some gumming. It could take a few minutes for the arm to drop completely...
I'll have to pull it out and check.

I'll post it up if anyone is interested in it after I get the specs.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It sounds way better than I expected, hard to believe it's almost 60 years old. It was really well maintained, but I'm going to have it serviced and see if it can get even better.
You going to send it to Minnesota by chance? That's where I had my Fisher rebuilt.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No idea, I'll have to take a look. I honestly know nothing about these but couldn't pass this up at the price and with it being in working condition.
I meant to ask; are you going to have that unit re-capped? Those old capacitors were never intended to last this long. Sure it may still function, but in my experience you'd be on borrowed time.
I've got an old H. H. Scott Stereomaster 342 from 1967 that works surprising well but hasn't yet been re-capped so I don't use it. I'd hate to blow it up. If you release the magic smoke it can be costly.
h h scott ect 005.JPG
http://www.cathedralspeakers.com/scott342
I'd like the guys at Cathedral to go through it for me but they haven't found the time just yet.