What's new

Sighted Man's Truth: The Circle of Leaf

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So today i smoked the @webmost Uppowoc Cynosure and the @nickgarret No.1 both were delightful and i look forward to the rest of them.
Had 2 today as im traveling tomorrow.
Okay, but please don't feel overly compelled to share this kind of info ahead of the voting and the reveal. Thank you!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so far I am half way through and have nubbed all them. It is going to be hard to pick 2 favorites cause they have all been delicous.
I think it should be a requirement that we all share our blends as they are all winners to me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so far I am half way through and have nubbed all them. It is going to be hard to pick 2 favorites cause they have all been delicous.
I think it should be a requirement that we all share our blends as they are all winners to me.
I suspect there will be some blend sharing going on, beyond just the winning 2. I know there are aspects of all these blends that i'd like to know about. I also realize that picking a top 2 might be extremely painful since in some cases there will be 3 or more that are equally great.

Obviously any of us can inquire of any of the rest of us what their blends were; so if your faves don't make the top two you can still pm or otherwise ask others about their blends. As for whether they're required to reply, that ain't part of the rules. ;)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'll fire the last one tonight, just under the wire. It's that blue waxed tubo #1. Lookin forward to it. I got the best red wine aired out, the Thursday Night Football chair set up in the garage with a space heater, all ready to go.

Everyone gonna be done smoking on time?

Howbout a bit of review? Want the bald naked truth from me in a few mordant phrases? Or does this crowd need baby talk & safe spaces? I'm not good at baby talk. & I don't see how you learn anything from it.

What's the prize, Bliss? I'll kick in.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'll fire the last one tonight, just under the wire. It's that blue waxed tubo #1. Lookin forward to it. I got the best red wine aired out, the Thursday Night Football chair set up in the garage with a space heater, all ready to go.

Everyone gonna be done smoking on time?

Howbout a bit of review? Want the bald naked truth from me in a few mordant phrases? Or does this crowd need baby talk & safe spaces? I'm not good at baby talk. & I don't see how you learn anything from it.

What's the prize, Bliss? I'll kick in.
I aim to express my own personal taste-based subjective bald naked truth by voting for my two favorite blends.

I then aim to learn things by learning the blend of the two winning sticks, as per the original stipulations of the contest.

In addition, if the two I voted for don't win, I am going to PM the creators of my favorite blends and ask if they'd be willing to share their recipe with me.

And finally the intention of the contest will come to fruition: two blends will be anointed Circle of Leaf Recommended Blends, so that we and future home rollers have some suggested, CoL-certified recipes to try out. I think the six of us could agree on some kind of description of those two winners, in terms of flavors and strength and so forth, and include that in fine etched script on the virtual gold and silver plaques representing the Circle of Leaf winners.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'd like to post a rebuttal, of sorts, to the comments that @blisscigarco made in post #112. Blake, I in no way mean any personal disrespect.

Please, do not take reviews or questions about blends to private messages. I think there is some very beneficial conversation to be had after the winners have been crowned. I would love to see these conversations in public, so that we can all benefit.

My blends are not secret. I have not spoken of the 2 I sent, specifically because of the nature of this contest. However, if at any time someone wants my blends, information on my blends, or anything else at all related to the cigars I roll, please ask. Don't feel as though you have to do it privately. If, in a related thread you have a question, ask it. I do not, in any possible way, understand how being secretive is good for this very niche hobby of ours.

I encourage everyone else to be open as well. "Blending secrets" are never going to make you your fortune. Even your blending failures are good information. Share. The more we learn collectively, the better. It might even help to grow the hobby. The genius of this contest is, as @blisscigarco said, will to have 2 blends that we can say, with confidence, are good. Let's continue to build on that.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd like to post a rebuttal, of sorts, to the comments that @blisscigarco made in post #112. Blake, I in no way mean any personal disrespect.

Please, do not take reviews or questions about blends to private messages. I think there is some very beneficial conversation to be had after the winners have been crowned. I would love to see these conversations in public, so that we can all benefit.

My blends are not secret. I have not spoken of the 2 I sent, specifically because of the nature of this contest. However, if at any time someone wants my blends, information on my blends, or anything else at all related to the cigars I roll, please ask. Don't feel as though you have to do it privately. If, in a related thread you have a question, ask it. I do not, in any possible way, understand how being secretive is good for this very niche hobby of ours.

I encourage everyone else to be open as well. "Blending secrets" are never going to make you your fortune. Even your blending failures are good information. Share. The more we learn collectively, the better. It might even help to grow the hobby. The genius of this contest is, as @blisscigarco said, will to have 2 blends that we can say, with confidence, are good. Let's continue to build on that.
It's not about being secretive. It's about the fact that there were no stipulations to the contest other than submit your sticks and vote, and the winning blends will be revealed. Beyond that, First Amendment. Merica. If I say I'm going to PM someone about something, it's out of respect for the fact of those rules and lack of other stipulated rules. I ain't no blend hider.

Last edited:

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Yup, I'll post up my blends for these at contest's end. I have a few left to review, hopefully done by tomorrow or the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk