What's new

Sighted Man's Truth: The Circle of Leaf

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I ain't got the nic sticks yet; but anyway, as I know I've said too many times, please don't start smoking anything until the 20th. Finish by the 1st. PM me your fave two blends on the 1st. Thanks.
How a package leaving Seattle gets to Delaware before one going to southern California, I'll never understand. Blake, tracking says ETA for tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got @nic 's sticks.
Man. This dude clearly sent me his most beautiful cigars ever. These things look incredible. He also sent some super-awesome bonus cigars, and they are all in a totally bitchen individually slotted CigarBag. Really cool. Thanks, bro!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Criterion

I made up a score sheet this morning. Gars across and criteria down. Roll, cold draw, burn, 1st 2nd & 3rd thirds, palate, retrohale and aroma, stinkfinger, morning mouth... then freehand comments. Just to make sure I didn't miss an important criterion. What are yours?

Bliss, I'm going to dive in this weekend, cause there's no way I can burn a gar once a day ten days in a row to make all ten in ten days. There will be a monkey wrench in my day at least twice in ten. So shoot me.

Good luck all, and don't get injured.

Go Eagles.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Criterion

I made up a score sheet this morning. Gars across and criteria down. Roll, cold draw, burn, 1st 2nd & 3rd thirds, palate, retrohale and aroma, stinkfinger, morning mouth... then freehand comments. Just to make sure I didn't miss an important criterion. What are yours?

Bliss, I'm going to dive in this weekend, cause there's no way I can burn a gar once a day ten days in a row to make all ten in ten days. There will be a monkey wrench in my day at least twice in ten. So shoot me.

Good luck all, and don't get injured.

Go Eagles.
Rules are useful until they ain't.

My spread sheet has Cigar on the x and "how much did I like it," on the descending y.

Here are the sticks I received. Mine aren't in this photo because I don't have any of mine.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
just recieved the last ones from Nic and have them all now, thank you all.
since this is blend comparison my only criteria will be flavor.
i am excited to get started as they all look and smell great.
Big thanks to Blake for setting this up

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm super excited about this. Will there be reviews posted here for the sticks. I understand if not with the competition and all. I think this is one of the best ideas ever. I hope it join in at some point.
In general I don't intend for there to be reviews, but maybe we'll get together and say something about the winning cigars. We'll see. I sort of wanted it to be a "safe space" where we just learn about the two cigars people loved most rather than the ones they loved less or thought were crap. We'll sort that out at the end.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So, I've been battling a awful head cold for over a week, and can't taste a thing. Not coffee, not blue cheese, not even habanero hot sause. I'm not certain how I'll get all of these smoked before the deadline.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, I've been battling a awful head cold for over a week, and can't taste a thing. Not coffee, not blue cheese, not even habanero hot sause. I'm not certain how I'll get all of these smoked before the deadline.
I'm getting over a bad cold in the nick of time. I can easily smoke two cigars a day, so it won't be a prob for me if I wait a couple more days. Any chance you could smoke ten in the final five days?