What's new

Skull N Bones new version

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So I got a chance to sample this stick. I will keep it short and sweet...I have never tasted a stick that had such a strong black pepper taste...that is all I got from this stick. The cigar looks great and the glowing band is cool and all but it is just overpowering..too much so. I was drinking whiskey and this overpowered it..I would be very surprised if this stick isn't infused in some way. The harshness of the black pepper lingered on my palate, throat, and sinus...I could not smoke the whole thing. I think the Liga DR's and Tat T110's are far better and have a much more attractive flavor profile. Maybe these skull n bones will settle down a bit..not sure.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I had one Tuesday night.. and I thought the OR S&B was much better. This was pretty one-dimensional. Perhaps a little rest would do wonders...

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
interesting. i got very little pepper in the two i've had so far.
Same here... I'm not a huge pepper fan and I enjoyed the Skull n Bones that I had... thanks Starz26. :) I never once thought it had too much pepper, funny how tastes and opinions are different all across the board with cigars!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I think the OR release is much better.

I also thought this new release was actually harsh towards the end. Viaje usually does a great job in the balance of their blends...Kinda weird.

Maybe (as noted) some rest will help.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I have smoked two so far and both have been harsh. I didn't think it was unsmokeable at all. So far I have enjoyed them.

Thanks for the review.

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
They need a little time to dry up. The box I have is REALLY wet. Like spongy!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
The OR was a spice bomb. The 2nd release was very mellow, surprisingly. Carried a creaminess all the way through whereas the first OR I smoked, I almost chucked halfway through.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I enjoy the 2nd release a lot more than the first. It's not as strong as the image/band would lead you to believe but I still love the flavor of it.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I smoked one of these last night and put it down about half way. I found it one dimensional. that dimension was solely cedar. It also sucked all moisture out of my mouth and left me dying for a pitcher of water.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I had a friend that bought two when they were released and he felt like he was smoking "burning tires!" He loved the Daisy Cutter but hated the new one!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Burning tires...Not so far off ! Just a harshness that to me showed an imbalance.

Love the Daisy Cutters, but these either need rest or trading :)