What's new

Skull N Bones new version

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yes let them rest. Give them a few months! I smoked one and the rest are sleeping!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I smoked one on Saturday and was surprised at how mellow it was compared to what I was expecting. I will agree that the flavor profile did not change, but since I liked it I would say that made it consistent not one dimensional :halfgrinw

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Ok, I lied. I smoked one and this cigar must have been so new and wet the burn was TERRIBLE and it was the biggest blast of black pepper I have ever experienced.

THAT SAID, it did mellow and the some nice flavor swam to the surface.

6-12 months and this cigar will be something special, IMHO. YMMV

Just saying.....

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
My experience was like this... Blast of pepper and spice in the beginning....
then it died down and got smooth and creamy... In the final third it grew
tremendously in power, and I got steak/meaty notes. At the nub it turned
into spicy steak! I'd say far more complex smoke and better overall....

To all you guys who've hated this batch so far, send them to me and
let's work out a trade!:eyebrow:

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Ditto I smoked an original with Ron at our herf at his house and it was great, I was lucky to get some of the new ones and smoked two both were very good, now they are resting for awhile and I can only think they will just get better.

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I would pick one up and try them now. Smoking one now and they are 10x better than fresh. Finally dried up! My bands slip right off versus being tight as heck when fresh. I would give one a try!

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
I may just have to try this one... I am a big Diesel unholy cocktail fan and it is also a pepper box but with a nice creamy taste to it... I just may have to pick up the new skull and bones

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I was hit with massive spice notes on the pre-light draw. First few draws after lighting were spicy which slowly let way to more strong cedar notes. This is a meaty stick!

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
My notes are attached... copied from my notebook. As a bonus my 2010 Holiday Blend notes are attached. Not a fan of that one.

The 2nd Release S&B is probably my NC of the year. Haven't had an OR to compare it against... but my local B&M has just over a box and a half of the 2nd release still and I'm seriously considering picking them up.

I think six to twelve months of sitting will do wonders for this stick.

Attachments

Last edited:

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
just fyi... I received an email from Viaje stating that the new release is the same blend as the original release, and there won't be more coming out until next October.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone got leads on where to find a couple of these? Obviously it will be too late for my New Year's Day Smoke Off. Nevertheless, I still want to try them.